Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • F*&^%$£@ Amazon!
  • hammyuk
    Free Member

Amazon are a robbing bunch of f… fraudsters!
    Particularly love the way they try justifying a £4.99 express delivery charge on EVERY ITEM in an order as according to them they have to pay the courier more to get it there early. ( I know they do but the package NOT every single item INSIDE the box!)
    So four identical items, shipped in ONE BOX for ONE DELIVERY is according to them 4 x £4.99 charges
    Twunts

piemonster

There’s a P for that!

But seriously, you caught this before ordering?

MrPottatoHead

You pay for delivery? How quaint 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    juanghia
    Free Member

What the world needs is some sort of building where you can just walk in and buy what you want then leave and go home with said thing that you wanted.

the-muffin-man

Errr – would you have not see these charges at checkout?

That is the time to cancel the order.

funkmasterp

What the world needs is some sort of building where you can just walk in and buy what you want then leave and go home with said thing that you wanted.

Madness! That will never catch on.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You don’t have to use Amazon.

Amazon = use free delivery or go prime

In fact why not just use the prime free trial ?

piemonster

I wonder how big the shop would need to be to match amazons stock list

scotroutes

Yeah – Prime for everything.

My best one so far is ordering stuff at 23:00 and it being here before 9:00 the following day. You might be used to this but I live in Aviemore!

the-muffin-man

Was it 4 different market place sellers?

hammyuk
    Free Member

No I caught it before ordering.
    Issue is the items aren’t available without a ballache of a drive through appalling traffic so having them delivered to site.
    I have Prime so free next day delivery.
    I don’t have an issue with paying the £4.99 “express before 1pm charge.”

I have a bloody issue with being charged £4.99 for EACH ITEM IN THE ORDER!
    Four identical items – ALL sold and dispatched by Amazon and Prime
    Being dispatched together
    In ONE delivery
    One box that the courier hands over – a small box at that.

However according to AMazon they have to “pay the courier more to deliver it well within the 1pm delivery”.
    No issues with that but they aren’t paying the courier per item INSIDE the package just the individual package.
    So trying to charge for separate £4.99 express delivery charges is a total pisstake!

prawny

Prime is ace, Mrs P wanted a cast iron griddle pan for making american pancakes ready for Sunday morning. Didn’t think about it until late Saturday afternoon, ordered at 4:30, there was a knock on the door just after half 6. Tidy.

Banging pancakes too.

Stainypants

Often the cheapest option on Amazon has stupid postage when you add it on it more expensive than the ones with free postage.

Prime or Free is the way to go.

Drac

I’m confused.

scotroutes

Drac – Moderator

I’m confused.[/quote]No guarantee it would be there before 1 though?

juanghia
    Free Member

I wonder how big the shop would need to be to match amazons stock list

Then what we need is lots of shops with lots of little people all selling lots of different things that said people can walk in and walk out with the said thing that they wanted!

But you are right of course it will never catch on, It’s just simply far more logical to order something from very far away that you’ve never seen and then wait for said thing to come from very far away in a couple of days in a box, you just can’t beat the simplicity of that.

the-muffin-man

How do you know they are all coming in one box – do you work at their warehouse?

bikebouy
    Free Member

F*&^%$£@ Amazon!

You need to use a spellcheck son.

Drac

No guarantee it would be there before 1 though?

Ah! Well I guess that’s why you pay more then.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ah so prime is next day, but OP wants it guaranteed for 1pm but isn’t prepared to pay what Amazon are quoting as their cost to guarantee it

hammyuk
    Free Member

Four identical items, ordered together, showing as in stock and paid for in one payment, delivered next day by Prime free delivery.
    Not for me to “assume” seeing as the email confirmation stated exactly that.
    The fact they tried to tell me they have to pay the courier extra for each item is what I’m pissed about!
    Each package – yes.
    Not each item inside those packages.
    I’d have happily paid the £4.99 charge for before 1-m – thats the whole point.
    The fact they tried to x4 it is why I’m pissed off over it.

Again – I’ll repeat for those hard of reading…

Dunc – Happy to pay for £4.99 express before 1pm delivery but there is no way I am accepting £4.99 PER ITEM in the order when all four items are IDENTICAL and being dispatched together in a single box!

chewkw
    Free Member

Amazon is trying it on. 😯

Drac

Again – I’ll repeat for those hard of reading…

Still can’t hear you.

piemonster

It’s just simply far more logical to order something from very far away that you’ve never seen

Depends.

Pair of shoes I’d go to a shop.

25kg of car litter, online shopping seems quite sensible. Further to that, the Amazon depot is closer than the pet shop.

sc-xc

Amazon hold you to ransome. You just have to Swallow it.

sillyoldman

Amazon are utter asshats. I refuse to spend anything with them.

Drac

That’ll teach them.

rickk

Just place it for normal delivery – IME most courier deliveries are done in the morning anyway, then collections in the afternoon.
    Not much help if you must have it guaranteed but generally worth a punt.

simondbarnes

What a shit rant.

scotroutes

I suppose I could wait until I’ve half a day to spare, drive for 45 mins to the nearest town, go to the one shop that might have what I’m after, find they don’t, order it, drive home again and then make repeat journey a few days later when I have another half day to spare when they have it in for me.

Or I could order online in seconds and have it in less than 24 hours, also keeping the local postie in a job.

the-muffin-man

Four identical items, ordered together, showing as in stock and paid for in one payment, delivered next day by Prime free delivery.

Could still be coming from different warehouses. I have Prime and orders don’t always arrive in the same box, or even with the same courier.

You could have ordered it all a day earlier perhaps!? 😀

Suck it up – I’ve paid way more than £20 for extra carriage if I have to have an item delivered on an early drop.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

bunch of duffers.

singlesman
    Free Member

Sc-xc, the highlight of a otherwise very dull rant.

scaredypants

order one as before 1pm and 3 as free next day

then cross your fingers

maccruiskeen

So trying to charge for separate £4.99 express delivery charges is a total pisstake!

There might be a box to un-check. when you order multiple items you have the option to either have all the items dispatched when they are all ready (and therefore all in one box) or to have each item sent as soon as its ready (and therefore potentially in several boxes and multiple delivery costs). So if you’re looking for quick delivery theres the possibility that latter box has been checked (or checked for you) and that results in multiple postage charges.

If you want guaranteed delivery they’ll probably assume that you wouldn’t want the whole order to be held back because they’re waiting for one item

johnners
    Free Member

Amazon hold you to ransome. You just have to Swallow it

Agreed, Amazon are ruthless.

Cougar

There might be a box to un-check. when you order multiple items you have the option to either have all the items dispatched when they are all ready (and therefore all in one box) or to have each item sent as soon as its ready (and therefore potentially in several boxes and multiple delivery costs)

This. Presumably you agreed to the twenty quid delivery at the point of purchase?

If that’s not the case – have you taken it up with Amazon?

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Just get Prime or go to a shop. Simples

My experience? Order late Saturday night and a nice Polish man brings my goods to my door the next day. Like having a butler.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

All those mentioning prime or shipping items together. It doesn’t make a difference when using before 1pm delivery.

The OP can’t really complain, tho. It’s not a hidden charge, and has the option to not use it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘F*&^%$£@ Amazon!’ is closed to new replies.