Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Eye test – where shall I go?
  • rascal
    Free Member

First one since school…so that would be 1989 at least!
    Use a Mac every working day which can’t have helped over the last 10 years…close-up vision gone off a cliff in the last 6 months.
    Need to get it sorted, but where’s the best place to get an eye test? Boots any good? Would have thought they would be.
    Cost not really an issue as work are paying and I want a good thorough test…cheers all.

cheez0
    Free Member

get someone to help you find the opticians.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Are you 50?

rascal
    Free Member

No Wrightyson…not for a good while yet. Are you? 😉

aP
    Free Member

Your work may have an optician that they wish you to go to.
    I’ve never been to a chain optician, but I can’t imagine that you’ll have an issue wherever you go.

jon1973
    Free Member

I use Specsavers, and the always seem to be pretty good, but I imagine most of the tests they carry out and the equipment they use is pretty standard.

Watch out for the glaucoma test though, I hate it. They puff air in your eye (3 times in each eye, last time I went). It doesn’t hurt, just a bit of a shock, but it’s the anticipation of it happening which gets me.

geoffj

Boots for me. They do the full eye pressure, visual field and imaging stuff – bloody impressive.
    Their kit and service is much better than the local hospital eye department.

takisawa2

I used Vision Express for the first & probably last time, on Monday last week after losing my only pair of specs. Despite claiming they’re lab would have me in new specs within a few days, I’m still spec-less a week later, so I may have well spent half as much & gone to Specsavers. I’m tempted to go round & paint over the Express on their sign.

gmex619
    Free Member

I use Vision Express.

Consider this. They use Oakley. Oakley glasses are the sh*t.

swampi
    Free Member

tesco, free of charge and do a lot of tests like the puff thing etc

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Not a butcher’s

globalti
    Free Member

Find an independent high street optician and get friendly with them because the same rules apply as with your LBS: if you buy glasses from them and support them they will reciprocate with good service and discounts.

My local is Ideal Eye Care in Wilpshire, Blackburn. The owner Zunaid is a star bloke and made me some smashing cycling specs from a frame I bought for £11.99 at TK max.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Listen to him ^

gonzy
    Free Member

if you work near a university…get in touch with their ophthalmic department and ask if they have a vision centre that they are connected to…if they have then i would recommend you use them as they have all the cutting edge equipment for all manner of eye examinations….if you’re in manchester then you should try the manchester vision centre at manchester uni

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Eye test – where shall I go?’ is closed to new replies.