Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Eye mud
  • ratherbeintobago

At least once a ride I get mud flicked up by the wheels that gets between my sunnies and face and ends up in my eye.

Are goggles any better for this?

trevmcdonald96
    Free Member

I don’t know about Goggles but I’ve got 2 front mudguards (one on the downtube and one mounted above the forks which turns with the front wheel) and don’t get any mud on my face at all never mind the eyes.

scaredypants

if you’re looking for an excuse to wear goggles, crack on 😉

alternatively get a mudguard of some variety, or decent-fitting glasses

trevmcdonald96
    Free Member

I find I need 2x front mudguards to stop mud getting in the face. If I just have one, it doesn’t completely eliminate it.

A bonus from this is the headset bearings seem to be lasting longer since I’ve had them on.

ratherbeintobago

if you’re looking for an excuse to wear goggles, crack on

Definitely not…

prawny

As above bender fender + crud catcher combo works for me.

JoeG
    Free Member

sharkattack

I have the same problem and was thinking of ordering a Mudhugger. In plain black they’re just about acceptable looking.

Any opinions on them?

mintimperial

Get a Mudhugger Race with the extension bit. Flipping brilliant. My eyes really don’t like grit in them so I’ve tried loads of variations of mudguards over the years, and apart from full guards with stays you won’t get better protection. Solid and stable too, I’ve properly injured myself in big crashes where the mudhugger just stayed put.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Eye mud’ is closed to new replies.