Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Eye eye balls
  • sparkyrhino

On my local cheeky trails this morning,just getting into the nice bit of the woods, its starts chucking it down with rain,specks are getting covered in droplets and foggin up so,it take them off,and continue,not a couple of seconds later,the wind gusts a branch in my face.A small twig right across my eyeball,had to pull up eye streaming tears,finished ride with as best i could.
    After a good few eye baths at home and pouring clean water over eye and under lids it still streaming and feels like a branch is still stuck in it.
    Morale of tale dont take my specks off,if its still bad tommorow will visit A&E hear tails of scratched eyeballs and such.
    Anybody have any other advice or general pity as this would be gratefully recieved.
    PS still managed greasy bacon sarnie halfway round and a pint to finish ride.

andyl
    Free Member

Eyes heal quick fortunately. Can be worth popping down to the minor injuries or eye hospital if you have one nearby and you think it needs it. If not some decent eye drops from the chemist after speaking to the pharmacist or an optician.

tenfoot

I scratched my cornea on a leaf when I was a kid. Intense pain, so you probably haven’t done that. Hopefully with a nights rest it’ll feel better tomorrow.

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve cut a slice out of my cornea with a stationary accident (rigid plastic wallet flicked out of an eye level drawer) and the pain was intense. I thought I had lost my eye it was so bad. eye drops for the next 6 months to make sure I didn’t open up the wound again.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, another scratched eyeball here. It felt like there was grit still in there that I couldn’t get out. I went to A&E, they have some cream to out in there. Insanely painful but got better fairly quickly.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Another scratched cornea here. I was riding a new trail and my shades misted up. I took my shades off and then promptly road through some pine tree branches on a descent.

As shermer75 said, it felt like grit stuck in my eye, however the discomfort was constant. Eye cream from hospital helped and it healed quickly, however not something you want to repeat…

martymac

yep, had a microscopic piece of (i guess) wood blown into my eye.
    went to doctor, then a&e, who flipped my eyelid inside out and wiped it with something.
    they couldnt see anything on the swab, but the discomfort was gone immediately.
    didnt go to work the next day, just in case, but that was the end of it.
    i still have a scar on my eyeball though, 24 years later, which i get asked about every time i have an eyetest.
    i started wearing contact lenses about a year later, no problems at all.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Not sure if you’re wanting advice on steaming up glasses – if so, you can get anti-fog solution to put on your lenses, something like:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/muc-off-anti-fog-treatment-35ml/rp-prod25404

I agree specs are important – there is a very good moral to your story, so thanks for sharing !

I never leave home with my clear Radars, and they’ve saved my eyes from branches and when I’ve face-planted a few times !

sparkyrhino

Update….Trip to AE this morning, a small scratch with lump sliced clean out at the end of it.Appointment Weds to see opthalmologist.pain killer drops in meantime but no pirate patch.
    My specks are anti fog most of the time,but the heavy rain caused the fogging,will look into the better specks or coating as shown above.
    Lesson learnt,Please wear your specks.

shermer75
    Free Member

Good to know you’re on the mend!

Xylene
    Free Member

I got sent a link to a guy trying to pop his own eyball out with a teaspoon the other day, didn’t manage to watch all of it.

sparkyrhino

Share it then !

DickBarton

Eye takes about 3 days to ‘properly’ heal – which means that the scratch has a layer of new skin over it…takes another week or so to strengthen up. A scratch can be a right painful thing.

Xylene
    Free Member

Sparkyrhino it is available on youtube – Dude pops his eyeball out with a spoon – if you so desire.

mjsmke

I took my glasses off in some woods when the tinted lenses made everything too dark. Going quite fast down a decent a small leafy branch whipped into my face and managed to flick my contact lenses out my eye. Didn’t even touch my eye ball! I was lucky.

sparkyrhino

Quirell,terrible soundtrack

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Eye eye balls’ is closed to new replies.