Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • eye candy for the motorcyclists
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

just stumbled across this beauty whilst cruising a surf blog. i always did have a bit of a soft spot for flat-trackers…

here’s the link for more… Deus Ex Machina

glenp
    Free Member

You wanna gogle Mule Motorcycles if you wanna drool over some fabulous street-trackers.

Flat and street trackers

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Not into bikes but I appreciate nice looking ones. Both the above are flipping beauties!

maxray
    Free Member

I am loving the new Norton Commando..

Oooh, flat trackers.
    They’ve always been my favourite style of bike.

one_bad_mofo

For all things Flat Track you need to check out Side Burn magazine.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

uplink
    Free Member

Not particularly beautiful but any bike that King Kenny said he didn’t get paid enough to ride it again must have something going for it 😀

iDave
    Free Member

mate of mine works for Deus in Sydney, I think that street tracker now lives with Charlie Boorman…

Pigface
    Free Member

Good call Uplink, Kenny wanted it banned as it was so dangerous. Utterly mental.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

For all things Flat Track you need to check out Side Burn magazine.

no, no, really i don’t. i’ve just had to sell my two bikes to pay off some bills. i really can’t afford another expensive hobby that’ll see me become obsessed with building a bike… ok, maybe next year!

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Next time you’re in the newsagents have a look in TBM magazine,page 5,someone’s done a really good job on a Honda NX650,unfortunatley I ca’nt find a link to it.
    There’s also a few pages of flatrackers here;
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272954
    I’ve got a Yamaha XT600 which is ,(one day),getting the flattrack treatment.

vinnyeh

Love the Roberts bike. They must have been hell to ride with those engines.

Grand National Replicas…

What about a beauty of a Streetfighter from Buell?

Woody
    Free Member

That Buell looks like something out of Judge Dread.

Love that new Norton too.

Guy at work has one of these which I have always thought are a bit special

Woody
    Free Member

Good grief, I’ve just checked out the new Nortons. The cheapest one is £12,495 😯

They are bloody gorgeous…….makes note to do 5 lines on the lottery tomorrow!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

nx650 flat tracker, yes!!!
    300quid to this!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Scuse the ignorance, but what’s a ‘flat tracker’ motorbike? how are they distinguished from other motorbikes? I notice the examples here don’t have any fairings like the ‘racing’ style bikes. Also, the seem quite ‘long’.

Help me please for I am frightened. 😳

uplink
    Free Member

You see that one I posted up there?
    That’s a proper flat tracker built to race on the US flat track ovals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e92nOzQc7o8

The others are road legal replicas

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

this is getting obsessive! check THIS ONE OUT by the guy who did the nx650 one i linked above.

lazybike
    Free Member
    crikey
    Free Member

Elf, you’ve got to see On Any Sunday.

I watched it when I was but a boy, and then chanced on it again a couple of years ago. It made me cry the second time around, in a kind of weeping for things long past kind of way.

It’s the best motorbike film I’ve ever seen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Any_Sunday

lazybike
    Free Member

+1 crikey… Mcqueen and his mates mucking about on the beach… the flat track scenes… the ISDE stuff… the kid wheelying his Bmx.. great film.

RustyNissanPrairie

+1 crikey… Harvey Mushman and his mates mucking about on the beach… the flat track scenes… the ISDE stuff… the kid wheelying his Bmx.. great film.

Great film.

The Deus tracker at the top of the page is actually based on a Kawasaki W650-a retro-esc wannabe but with all the gubbins stripped off. A lot of Deus newer bikes are built this way. Good idea and keeps costs down.
    http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kawasaki/kawasaki_w650%2005.htm

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

On any sunday,best motorcycle film ever,I got it on DVD last christmas,lent it to my dad last friday,good timing as he’s been snowed in since!
    Gavtheoldskater,that NX650 is the one that was in TBM,nice eh?

singlespeedstu

cqueen and his mates mucking about on the beach… the flat track scenes… the ISDE stuff… the kid wheelying his Bmx.. great film.

I watched on any sunday as a kid and it insired me enough to make it onto the British team for the ISDE.

Twice. 8)

Hadge
    Free Member

Some stunning bikes here and that Yamaha and Norton are amazing. King Kenny was an awesome rider who I first saw way back in the 70’s racing a Yamaha OW31 750cc Yamaha at Oulton Park. He led off the line in the first race and he was a full length of the back straight leading down to Knickerbrook on lap 1! By lap 2 he was well and truly gone – only for the engine blow up a bit later. Those were the days………

yetirose
    Free Member

I think if you go onto U TUBE and put in KENNY ROBERTS TZ 700 flat tracker theres a film of him being re united with that bike and taking it round the track . sorry dont know how to put a link on here.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

that NX650 is the one that was in TBM

i did try to grab a quick look at TBM after you mentioned it the other day but could only flick quickly, did’nt realise it was the same bike. will pop in and have a proper look this week.

i see he sold his first one on ebat recently… here

lovely bike but not sure i’d pay 6k for it.

Singlespeedstu, when were you in the ISDE team ?
    I was a travelling marshal on the 1983 ISDE at Builth Wells.

singlespeedstu

The first one I did was Poland in 86 with a Welsh club team.

Then the next two years I made the British team in France and Germany.

One of these days I’ll go round to my parents house and dig out a load of old pictures and scan them so I can post them up on here.

The things I remember about marshalling are Builth Wells are…

The bikes setting off by class. 80s first, followed by 125s, 250s, 500s then four strokes. No matter where you went on the course, spectators always seemed to be waiting for all the other bikes to go past so they could watch Arthur Browning on the Yamaha TT600.

One of the Australian team got ambulanced off and left his bike behind.
    I was closing the course and came across two of his team mates.
    They had ridden out on one bike and were trying to get his 510 Husqvarna started so one of them could ride it back.
    They weren’t having much luck kick starting it, so I had a go.
    I couldn’t even get it to go over compression. 😕
    I ended up bump starting it down a hill.

singlespeedstu

The thing I remenber most about the ISDE in wales was the picture on the front of the T&MX News that showed Dereck Eddy on someone elses bike.

Of course by the time he got to the finish check he was mysteriously back on his own bike and all the security markings were still there. 😆

Top enduro riders never bend the rules when things don’t go to plan you know. 😉

failedengineer

Saw those new Commandos at the Bike Show. Stunning. Best looking bikes at the show, IMHO.

Pigface
    Free Member

The bit I remember of the Builth ISDE was of Dave Jeremiah trying to ride the final Motox on day 6 with a broken leg (I think) and falling off and a dutch competitor running back picking him up and putting him back on his bike so he could finish. My mate was at that time the youngest finisher 17 and a few months.

rossi46
    Free Member

This is rather lovely too…..

Julian Ryder and Toby Moody are gonna love commentating on this new team next year on Euro sport!!

I love the Norton Commando further up the page too- now if only i could win the lottery!

singlespeedstu

Dave Jeremiah, Arthur Browning.

oh it’s like a blast from the past. 8)

Arthur was a huge help to some of us younger (at the time) riders.

Pigface.

Who was the 17 year old?

Pigface
    Free Member

Alun Thomas of Llangorse.

flashes
    Free Member

epicyclo

Flashes, I used to ride one of those as a trail bike when I was a lad. Hand change, skidplate, footboards. Good for demolishing small trees. Nothing has frightened me since.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘eye candy for the motorcyclists’ is closed to new replies.