Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Eye butchery/No more gig-lamps
  • codebauer
    Free Member

Dear Massive,
    Has anyone had corrective eye surgery? I'm getting sick of shelling out for glasses, but I'm worried if you can/should do any sports after…

Tell me your story, please.
    –pauL

tron
    Free Member

I know the Army won't have you if you've had it done. Suggests to me that your eyes may not be that robust afterwards…

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

I know two people who have had it. Both gained improvements but still need to wear glasses.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if you have a degenerative condition then you will still need glasses down the line

there are reports of it affecting night vision as well

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I know two people who have had it done. Neither wore glasses afterwards and both had no issues.

there are different types of eye surgery tho. I don't know which type they had.

njee20
    Free Member

Someone I work with said its the best thing she's ever done, went from blind as a bat, to near perfect vision (no glasses anyway).

user-removed
    Free Member

My sister had it done about eight years back – no glasses, no problems, but she claims her night vision isn't what it was.

The guy who assists me sometimes at weddings also had it done a few months back – it was a requirement of his job as a beach lifeguard. He's a surfer too and he reckons it's a lot easier without contacts.

Woody
    Free Member

More info on HERE last month

sharkbait
    Free Member

I had it done about 6 years ago – life changing in a brilliant way. No more glasses/contacts and my long distance vision is still great. Night vision is also fine for me.

As I'm an old git I'm now considering glasses close up stuff, but that affectes everyone anyway so is not relevant.
    Your current presciption has a lot to do with the final result so I'd go and see one of the laser people and see what they say you could realistically expect.

tinsy
    Free Member

4 years, and its great…. much, much better for sports. 🙂

If you do it, spend the money on the best.

(laser surgery by the way, not the new lens replacement that I think is becoming more widespread)

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Had it done about 6 years ago. Life changing. Now only use glasses for prolonged sessions on the computer. It is no different to getting cut anywhere else on your body – it heals and there are no long term negative effect one the eye.

It is not uncommon to get a little extra flare from bright lights at night – I have but it is not bad enough to be an issue

Hareydan
    Free Member

I know 3 people who've had it done (2 of them are mountain bikers) and they reckon it's the best money they've ever spent, in the case of the bikers they were back riding within a few weeks. I'm seriously contemplating having it done!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Eye butchery/No more gig-lamps’ is closed to new replies.