Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Extremely Interesting Vehicle Insurance Question?
  • nosenseofdirection
    Free Member

Ok not that interesting. :-)In 2008 – and on my birthday – someone very kindly drove into the back of my lovely truck. No longer have it now but have just received a letter to say that the claim has been recorded as a non fault claim due to the other insurance company finally paying out. During this time of course I had to declare the accident and my insurance premiums went up as a result – even though it wasn’t my fault! Just wondered if anyone knew if there was anyway of getting your money back on all this – or is it even worth the time or bother? Thanks if you know 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

If you stuck with the same insurance company the whole time I’d call them and request credit for the difference. Of course you’ll have to prove the difference they applied and get them to pay it out without swallowing it with an admin fee.

nosenseofdirection
    Free Member

No have swapped around a bit since then. One of the insurance companies told me about the added charge but I expect it will be difficult to get anything back from them as you say. Thanks tho.

nealglover
    Free Member

That’s what the extra Legal cover can come in useful for. You get a solicitor to chase for any extra expense caused by any incident that wasn’t your fault.

flatfish
    Free Member

I got a refund on two vehicles when one was involved in a non fault crash. ~£200 for both vehicles, not each.
    TBF I had to kick up a big fuss though and it was only over the space of about 4 months, not 6 years.
    No harm in asking.

badllama
    Free Member

My insurance jumped to £1500 for a new to me vehicle from £480.00 after someone ran into the back of me by the time it had all been sorted out (about 6 months down the line) I got the grand total of £98.00 back!

Robbing bastards 🙁 Just ended up sucking it up. Then left them at renewal. This year my policy back to it’s normal price again.

nosenseofdirection
    Free Member

Oh I had that – but didn’t forsee the rise in premiums so it wasn’t accounted for. Oh well, I’ll know if it happens again! Thanks

nosenseofdirection
    Free Member

yes they are robbing bar stewards 🙂 Mine wasn’t a huge increase so I wouldn’t have known if I hadn’t found out.

hopkinsgm

Good luck with trying to get the difference in 6 years worth of premiums with different insurers refunded…

gears_suck
    Free Member

I doubt you’ve got a hope in hells chance but there’s no harm in asking.

thehustler
    Free Member

Its a no CLAIMS bonus, not a no LIABILITY bonus, you are buggered tbh

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Yeah – it is damn irritating. Someone drove into my truck, took full responsibility and their insurance company sorted everything out… but since it is recorded on my insurance as a claim being made, even at 0 cost to them, it put my unrelated motorbike insurance up by 50% after shopping around!

I don’t see why my premiums should go up if someone else drove into me due to an inability to look in their mirrors, or out their side window, before changing lanes on a dual carriageway.

geoffj

I don’t see why my premiums should go up if someone else drove into me due to an inability to look in their mirrors, or out their side window, before changing lanes on a dual carriageway.

You put the vehicle in a place where it could be driven in to – you increased the chance of an accident taking place
    If you’d have stayed at home with the car on the garage it wouldn’t have happened.

Obviously it’s not your fault, but your actions and activities increase the risk of an accident happening and so you need to bare some of the cost of that risk.

backinireland
    Free Member

Yeah someone drove into my car when it was parked and premium went up

allyharp

I reckon you should be able to get it back to be honest. You’re certainly entitled to it so I’d keep pushing. I know of insurers who regularly refund several years backdated, though as pointed out already that’s usually when the affected is still a customer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Extremely Interesting Vehicle Insurance Question?’ is closed to new replies.