Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Extra Tv points from a freesat dish?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

All i want to do FFS is put a Tv in another area of the house, I have a freesat dish on the roof that Sky installed and the Missus wants another TV. I have got another tv with freeview built in, but it seems we live in a very poor freeview area so i need to get a signal from the dish i guess,

people i talk to say i may well need another dish and box or can i just adjust my old ariel to pick up a better freeview signal?

can it really be that hard?

uplink
    Free Member

Do you want the other TV to be able to show different channels to the main one?
    If so, you'll need another Freesat box & a feed from the dish

simonb512
    Free Member

You dont really need a new dish just part of it (the LNB), as you effectivly need a seperate cable from the dish per Tv you want run off it (so you'd need a new freesat box also).

I.e. something along these lines: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97021

Check the dish you have to see if its just got the one point on it, if it has more so its just putting in an additional cable.

xcgb
    Free Member

Simon
    Ah so, that Lnb fits onto my dish if it has only one point, is it just unplug the old one and bolt that one on? I wont need to reset any gizmo technological stuff?

Ta

Xc

simonb512
    Free Member

There is a chance that you could mess up the allignment of the dish slightly and thats a right pain in the ass to get back where it should be but that would be my only concern.

It should just be take the old one off put the new one on reconnect the old co-ax (for the existing box) and shove a new one on for aditional boxes.

This is all AFAIK by the way. 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

I suspect your LNB will have at least 2 outputs but if not, don't bother with Maplin, they're a rip off
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SKY-MK4-QUAD-LNB-Sky-HD-Freesat-HD-READY-LMB-/190400603299?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL

if you do need a Freesat box something as simple as this will suffice

Argos product code 532/1557

allthepies
    Free Member

Don't do a Rod Hull 🙂

xcgb
    Free Member

All the pies thanks! i won't wear my slippers!

Uplink I guess I have to go see if i have 2 points or not first and go from there cheers

simonb512
    Free Member

It probably is worthwhile to mention that my dish used to be a sky dish (installed by previous tenants), only has one connection.

I need to replace mine but where the dish is a right PITA to get to.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Extra Tv points from a freesat dish?’ is closed to new replies.