Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Extra Bottle & Tools on a Full Suss – How?
  • rpallen
    Free Member

In stage race mode where do racers carry their nutrition & spares on a full-suss with an extra bottle out back? e.g. Tube, levers, gas, mini-tool, etc

I’d like to race without the camelbak on occasion but can’t seem to carry enough!

lesgrandepotato

Jersey pockets?

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Funny you mention that, literally just in the midst of installing this on my freeride bike! The whole point is so I can actually ride to faraway places. I haven’t even finished setting it up yet let alone testing if it works though! By that I mean not getting in the way or falling off! I must apologise for the picture, it just does not do the bike justice….

reedspeed
    Free Member

In ya Camel Back !.

JCL
    Free Member

Feed stations duh.

adsh
    Free Member

Good question. Minimising weight on back is best and all 3 jersey pockets filled to bursting with food, gilet and phone. I use saddle pack for tubes and tools. The seatpost bottle on the photo could be carried lower to allow for that.

jonba
    Free Member

Unless there are feed stations I’ve used a camelbak. You can minimise what you put in it and have one bottle and a saddlebag but I still end up with one on many races. Pockets are a poor solution. Not really well designed for carrying weight offroad so things tend to bounce around and worse, fall out.

If you can manage on one bottle you should manage without a backpack. Only difference between on and off road is the tubes are bigger and not many carry backpacks on the road.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fuel tank pack?.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Couple of stemcells?

rpallen
    Free Member

Was racing for 7hrs this summer. Usually 2 feeds with fruit & water but no energy bars/drink.

I used camelbak but would like the option to go without.

I can fit a bottle on seat post, but not with a saddle bag (if much lower than in the attached picture it interferes with the rear suspension).

This summer I was carrying**: tube, levers, gas, mini-tool, tyre boot, whistle, phone, survival blanket, mech hanger, gels, energy powder, gilet. Too much for pockets.

Think top tube storage combined with pockets is probably the solution.

[** race requirements]

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

Wrap Co2 pump in tube and attach (with multitool) to seatpost/saddle rails/top tube with one of these. Doesn’t help with water, but gets everything else out of your pockets. I use one all the time, never dropped anything.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Electrical tape.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Extra Bottle & Tools on a Full Suss – How?’ is closed to new replies.