Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Extend Brake Hose… How To Do It Easy and Cheap?
  • barn
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’ve got a Hope Mini and need to extend hose for new fork set-up.
    Looks like £20 for hose (not braided) and £27 for Hope bleed kit…!

Is there a cheaper way? Can I do it with a ‘generic’ bleed kit.
    Thanks for help, am a bit of an amateur but keen to learn.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You can bleed it with a bit of tubing and a jam jar – thats what I do.

You only need the hose – all the fittings can be reused if you are carefull

barn
    Free Member

genius!

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Just spotted this,

+ 1 with TJ.

I can’t for the life of me understand how they can charge £20+ for a bleed kit. Does it come with replacement parts etc??

For what it’s worth, I recently had the exact same job. I had a quick YouTube sessh (HOPE clips on how to do it) and job done. For once, a service task that was easy and for once didn’t take me all afternoon and 10 mugs of coffee 🙂

richen987
    Free Member

on the hope website there is a video clips on how to do it,
    the mechanic just pours the fluid in the brake, and squeezes the lever he has the tube and other stuuf, but as TJ said, bit of hose some sellotape, i use a coke bottle , but has the same effect.
    useful to have some kitchen roll hanging around as well. just be careful when removing the olive as they can snap.

coatesy
    Free Member

When you see what you get for £20, the bleed kit’s quite reasonable, it contains a Gunson pressure bleeding bottle and connectors, brake fluid and a selection of reservoir caps for different brakes. Far better value than £50 RRP for a pair of syringes, connectors and an egg cup full of fluid, and as said before, you don’t need to buy it, you can manage with a pipe and jam jar.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Extend Brake Hose… How To Do It Easy and Cheap?’ is closed to new replies.