Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Exposure Verso head torch
  • UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Has anyone got one? About to push the button on one, but its a bit of an impulse purchase, and wanted to double check if people are happy/not with them. Mostly going to be using it for running, and as additional light on bridleway riding.

Thoughts?

piemonster

Is that a burn time of 45min at full pelt?

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Yep, think so. Although some places quote 1.5hr min on max setting with the supplied Li battery. So maybe 45 with disposables.

It’s always a trade off between brightness and battery life, so I was planning on using it on med, where you get 5+ hrs.

BadlyWiredDog

Nice for running, but I’d definitely go for the additional Piggyback battery option. Nice and light, decent pool of light for running. I like it, but I’d also look at the Silva Trail Speed Elite if you want a lot of light.

But overall, I’d say expensive but a nice thing. I’m not overly convinced by it as a bike light – a bit too floody I’d say. YMMV

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Cheers for the info BWD. I looked at the Trail Speed Elite, but the battery weight put me off.

I also don’t really like propitiatory battery packs, I’m expecting a light to last 10yrs or more, and can’t image being able to get a replacement that far down the line. One of the Verso attractions is the replaceable standard battery.

BadlyWiredDog

No worries. I’m a big fan of Exposure’s bike lights and the Verso seems to have the same build quality and neatness. I like the all-metal construction and the slight quirkiness compared to most headtorches. The Trail Speed Elite works best with battery in a pocket, pack or bum-bag I think, but it’s actually better than you’d expect even on the head, I think because it sits quite low.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Verso head torch’ is closed to new replies.