• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by a11y.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Exposure Tracer rear light
  • MrSalmon
    Free Member

Does anyone have one of these and happen to know if you can attach it easily anywhere other than the seatpost?
    I’ve got a Tailfin Aeropack on sometimes and I was wondering if the mount would work with a seatstay*. If it doesn’t has anyone got any other rear light recommendations that aren’t a Lezyne Zecto? I’ve been through two of those and I don’t want another Lezyne.

*I’ve got a Sonder Camino AL

Merak

Overpriced IMO. I’ve had and lost two. The Planet X Dogstar is what you want.

Reassuringly affordable and retina searingly bright.

aide

Have got one of these lights and bought a saddle rail bracket for it, used it a fair bit and the light hasn’t fallen off yet even on trails. Got it so I could still use my dropper post. Very happy with it

JoB
    Free Member

it won’t with the supplied mount but you can get creative with an Exposure Trace Action Mount Clip and bolt it to a rack boss on your seatstay

Kuco

I’ve got two, use the seatpost clamp and like aide, the under the saddle mount and have no issue with either. IMO great little lights.

luv2ride
    Free Member

I’ve used Tracers for years (an earlier model and currently a Daybright). IMO the best rear light there is, utterly reliable, solid mounting, long run times. For my Tailfin I got an aero seatpost mount, which seems to work well rearward facing on the main support arm.

therevokid
    Free Member

I’ve also got the Tailfin. Bought the light mount for it and already had a raceware direct GoPro mount for the tracer … love it 😊

llama

Plastic p clip and bolt to the rack mount

For bonus points you can do the same with a front trace on the fork mudguard mount

spooky_b329

I bought the seatpost mimic from tailfin. However the angle seems a bit off and my Tracer is a bit high. The Tracer looks great but I’ve had comments from others that its too bright when following, even on the lowest setting. I have a standard one and my wife and I also have a ‘road’ set each with the feature thats meant to dim it when someone is following (Peleton mode?) One works (I think) but is still too bright, the other seems to be dim all the time when that mode is turned on.

jaminb
    Free Member

p clip for me to. works great

jkomo

Under the saddle.
    Mine is years old, it’s fantastic.

FOG

I bought one after recommendations on here but I don’t love it. The battery life seems very unpredictable and the tiny button is very difficult for my huge clumsy hands to operate. I wish I had bought two (or three) cheap lights instead.

jimdubleyou

I have a couple of mounting options – this one goes on the back of a tail fin (or any) bag,

Exposure Rear Seat bag light clip – TraceR, BoostR, Red Eye, Blaze

Bit expensive, but does the job.

a11y

I had 2 x TraceRs – one on the commuter and another that swaps between MTBs. Under-saddle mount for both. Reliable, bright and decent battery life. Stupid little button aside I like them and would normally recommend without question, but after years of use I’ve now lost 2 lights in the past couple of years. Just popped out of their mounts. Probably partially dislodged unnoticed while moving bike around, frustrating regardless given the cost.

I’ve ordered a Moon Nebula as a replacement for the latest loss. Hopefully more robust mount that prevents accidental dislodging.

jimdubleyou

Probably partially dislodged unnoticed while moving bike around, frustrating regardless given the cost.

I use the o-ring like band you get with Garmin mounts to secure mine if it’s on a regular mount. for a bit of extra security.

Merak

Has anyone got a Reaktor version? Brightens up when you slow down etc.

a11y

I use the o-ring like band you get with Garmin mounts to secure mine if it’s on a regular mount. for a bit of extra security

Thanks, good plan. I’ll try that with my final remaining one.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.