Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Exposure Support Cells
  • astormatt
    Free Member

Do many of you Exposure owners use the cells and are they worth the money?
    Looking at getting the 3.1mAh for my Diablo and the bigger 8.7 for my Six Pack.
    Hopefully doing a few solo 24h events next year so like the option to fit and forget.
    On average, how many extra hours are you getting on say the medium settings for each light?
    Most places just seem to say 1-24 hr extra burn time which is not a huge help.

fifeandy
    Free Member

The latest six pack has a 15500mah battery, so the piggyback would give you 50% extra. So you’d be good for running its 10hr setting for any UK 24hr except the Strathpuffer. Although clearly you can extend that further by running lower setting on climbs.

Depends how much light you think you need as to whether its needed or not. Six pack is one of the few lights out there that has big enough battery and light output to not need supplementing.

dovebiker

The 3.1 cell will effectively double the burn time of your Diablo – I have an Equinox which uses the same size cell.

astormatt
    Free Member

Fifeandy, Strathpuffer is on my list so would you suggest a support cell for my mk6 Six Pack and keep my Mk2 as a spare/backup?
    They say it’s 17 hours of darkness but is it generally dark enough for lights for that time or do you take in to account sunrise and sunset?
    Doverbiker, thanks for that, will definitely put the 3.1 on my list now as will be a good addition.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Looking at Sunset/Sunrise times for inverness it shows 08:38 and 16:19 on the dates for 2017. I’d budget for the full 17hrs of proper darkness and consider any extra minutes of daylight a bonus.

Yes, i’d get a piggy back cell and take a spare light. Batteries dont perform as well in cold weather, so extra and a spare light is a smart policy.

astormatt
    Free Member

Thanks a lot Andy appreciate the info. Will keep my Mk2 Six as a backup/2nd light.
    Are you hopefully doing Puffer ’17?

fifeandy
    Free Member

Oh hell no, will be doing Relentless as a pair this year, and hopefully solo again in 2017, but i’m not half crazy enough to try a 24 north of Inverness in January.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Support Cells’ is closed to new replies.