Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Exposure Spark/Flash/Flare
  • tails
    Free Member

Are there and cheap alternatives to these, I’m thinking perhaps a touch I can fasten to my bike or maybe there are a cheaper alternative bike brand. I like the design of the exposures though.

Needed for my commute my two rear lights are fine, but a brighter front would be great. I currently have this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14397 which just does not light up the paths and roads.

tails
    Free Member

Bump and oh how I’m looking forward to commuting in the rain and wind today . . . I hate winter!!!

tails
    Free Member

One last bump before i order!

DaveBro
    Free Member

I commute to brum city centre and after [too] many scares and tumbles – have settled on getting the best lights i can afford – so have a joystick frount, flare + 2 cheaper ones rear.

So, can’t comment on front – but Flare seems well made, fitting strap is a good idea, initialy brighter and hasnt – yet – started to fade, worth £40, which is appx X 2 of nearest competitor? mmm not sure yet!

smell_it
    Free Member

This is just a cut n paste of post the other night, I picked up flash as I got a bit sick of £20 lights dying;

I’ve been running the exposure flash for the last month now on my daily commute in and around manchester

It’s had a few proper soakings and seems to get me noticed plenty enough, even in busy rush hour traffic when here are plenty of other distractions for drivers, and certainly seems more durable that previous lights around this price. The flash function seems to get me noticed in the daytime to, it’s more of a solid light with a flash on top. It’s pretty tiny and just pops off it’s mount and into my pocket, but is secure when in the mount. I picked up 2 re-chargeable’s and a charger off ebay for about £12 from a UK shop. So for a £50 package I’m pretty chuffed, and it’s hard to get that excited about a front light. I guess a big thing with lights is how bright a light the individual rider feels happy with, in terms of either just getting seen in busy traffic or lighing a trail at night, and as a commuting light I like it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Spark/Flash/Flare’ is closed to new replies.