Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Exposure saddle rail bracket. Made of cheese?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Just managed to break my second exposure saddle rail bracket, first one snapped one of the plastic lugs off that clip round the body of the Flare. It happened when I was out on a sub zero ride in the depths of winter so put it down to the low temps.

Second one just broke in my hand, was unclipping a Tracer out of it to put it into the standard mount for the wifes bike, when again one of the plastic lugs snapped off.

I know I will probably get the blame, but I like to think I can unclip a light without breaking the bracket, that is unless there’s a special way of removing it? The Tracer normally lives in the bracket so up until tonight it has lasted nearly 12 months.

Are they a bit flimsy or am I more ham fisted than I originally gave myself credit for?

bluearsedfly – time served heavy plant, mechanical, electrical and radio controlled demolition engineer*

*expects witty picture with text 🙂

Shorty12
    Free Member

This for a flare? I got 2 spare as they upgraded me to a blaze for free so if you chuck me postage then i’ll pop one in the post.

I’ve never broken one maybe they go brittle in the low temps like you say

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks Sir you are a gent, but I ordered a couple off wiggle last night as they have them on offer.

Thanks again for the offer, very much appreciated!

methers27
    Free Member

I’m on my third, the issue I found is that the mount is made for a flare and the tracer is marginally fatter so stresses the mount meaning it breaks when you take the light out. For this reason I never take mine out of the bracket, just move the lot

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Exposure saddle rail bracket. Made of cheese?’ is closed to new replies.