Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Exposure Maxx D Users.
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

Anyone managed to use one through the night soloing at a 24 hour event without a piggyback battery?

coopersport1
    Free Member

Depends what time of year your riding! In June yes no probs, I only have it on the 2nd power more than enough, though reckon it would make it on Maxx as well.
    Have a Joystick on helmet as back uo too.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Ah yes good point, this will be in May.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Soloed strathpuffer that is to say i got on my bike at the start and rode to the finish – none of this sleeping pish – thats 18 hours of dark … maxx d handled it – had to swap out my joystick though for a spare despite a 3 cell piggyback on it ….

KINGTUT
    Free Member

18 hours on the MaxxD! On the low setting I take it?

Coleman
    Free Member

Manuf. stated run times;
    Max. 3hrs
    High 10hrs
    Low 24hrs

If you need to check run times switch to desired output and leave on till red light comes on. To keep cool indoors aim a domestic fan on it to generate air flow.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Low on fire roads medium on the downs . Joystick on the head on full the whole time …..

I ride alot locally with just the joystick as i have many bikes and i aint paying 20 quid a pop to kit them out with use brackets….. My helmet goes on all the bikes ….

Realistically i could do without the maxx d but it looks nice 😉

Both are excellent lights and rory at use is a top bloke

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Manuf. stated run times;
    Max. 3hrs
    High 10hrs
    Low 24hrs

If you need to check run times switch to desired output and leave on till red light comes on. To keep cool indoors aim a domestic fan on it to generate air flow.

Ta, I know the listed times but I don't entirely trust them as manufacturers often over egg things.

xc-steve
    Free Member

You planning on using this for the Clic24? I sent mine off last week to get the battery redone to hopefully get full burn times again… 2 winters worth of use has taken its toll!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yep Clic24, I used it to ride Solo last year, but I dropped out at Midnight, the shitty weather and developing cold got the better of me so I never tested it's potential.

I notice a review on CRC from some chap in USA saying that he got 8 hours light on Max setting.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Maxx D Users.’ is closed to new replies.