Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Exposure Maxx-D Front Light Mk3
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Anyone got one yet? what’s it like? It’s supposed to be 30% brighter than the last model, so is it worth the extra?

fatmax

I’d be interested too…

organic355
    Free Member

Wish I could afford one!

yetiguy
    Free Member

Just got one (and a diablo), nothing to compare against but as far as i am concerened its brilliant !!!!

2011 maxx d on full

nonk
    Free Member

yep that looks brighter than my year old one.

convert

Tried one against a wall with a 2010 version at USE the other week.

Brighter, but also a colder bluer colour and a hotter centre.

jon1973
    Free Member

yeti guy – where did you get your one from? How much did you pay?

yetiguy
    Free Member

got it from my LBS, They matched the price at Winstanleys (which was the cheapest i could find)

jon1973
    Free Member

Just ordered from Evans for pick up tomorrow or Thursday. Price matched Wiggle at £292.50 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I got mine from Absolute Cycles Ebay shop. Only folk that had them in stock at the time. Arrived special delivery the next morning. £294.

Quality bit of kit. Perhaps too bright though.

convert

USE might sell you a 2010 cheap direct. Still a great light.

jon1973
    Free Member

Perhaps too bright though.

you don’t have to have it on max though do you? How bright is medium?

USE might sell you a 2010 cheap direct. Still a great light

The cheapest I saw the 2010 one for was £240 from Mountain Trax, and they’ve been out of stock for well over a week now. Not sure you’ll get them much cheaper then that – most seem to be on sale for around £280.

convert

USE have a couple of shelves full of ’em so if anyone has been telling you they are out of stock has been too lazy to check back with USE (or wanting to sell you something else!).

jon1973
    Free Member

You’re probably right, but M.Trax didn’t have any of the new ones in either. In fact they didn’t seem to bothered about selling me anything which is why I went elsewhere. I feel like I got a bit of a deal anyway, and it will last for years hopefully so worth the extra to get a little extra I think.

vinnyeh

The cheapest I saw the 2010 one for was £240 from Mountain Trax, and they’ve been out of stock for well over a week now. Not sure you’ll get them much cheaper then that – most seem to be on sale for around £280.

USE factory outlet has ‘cosmetically flawed’ 2010 Maxx-D’s for £243.

MarginWalker
    Free Member

YetiGuy, Who is your LBS? I’ve been waiting for the Maxx-D-Mk3, Diablo-Mk2 and flare to arrive at wiggle but they do not expect stock until the end of the month. CRC have the maxx-d but not the others.

Just wondering who has them in stock when the bigger online guys are stuggling to get hold of them.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Evans have the Maxx-D (mk3) and Toro (mk2) – Kendal branch.

325 and 275, which is full whack obviously.

Not sure about price matching as wiggle are cheaper but don’t have either of them in stock, CRC only has the Maxx-D but is full whack. Winstanleys is full whack on the latest versions too.

jon1973
    Free Member

Not sure about price matching as wiggle are cheaper but don’t have either of them in stock

I phoned my local branch of Evans who didn’t seem to care that they were not in stock at Wiggle (or didn’t check) so they matched and had the light delivered in to store. When I tried to do it via the website it rejected the price match.

Awesome light btw. I got the rear Red Eye Mk 2 light as well for my commute, which is equally impressive.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Maxx-D Front Light Mk3’ is closed to new replies.