Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Exposure lights TAP setting, anyone bother with it ? gimmick ?
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Just starting using a new Mk7 diablo on my lid. Does anyone bother switching on or using the TAP settings on theirs ? It seems a bit faffy, medium sensitivity setting and it seems to switch on its own on the rough stuff, I can switch it to the least sensitive settings but early indication would suggest that I may have to hit myself on the head with a lump hammer to make it change settings ! My riding mates have already commented that all this smacking myself on the head as I am riding along looks a tad odd 🙂
    So for those with the new lights with this function, do you just switch it off and treat it as a unnecessary gimmick, or have you had any success ?

njee20
    Free Member

Switched mine off – it’s totally unusable if you bar mount the light – changes constantly. Irrespective of sensitivity settings. Not tried on the head.

momo

Mine is switched of at the moment as the light is doubling up on the bars of the commuter bike. Works well on the helmet though (mine is a Mk6) makes switching to high power as you come into a techy section a doddle.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I use it on my helmet. Can’t remember the sensitivity level but it works fine tapping the light rather than the helmet. One ride with the light on my bars was a bit disco, I’d turn tap off for that.

hughjengin
    Free Member

May try one ride with it on low sensitivity, and see just exactly how hard I have to hit myself on the head to make it switch. Failing that I’ll revert to old school and switch it by the button. Its a great light I am super impressed in many ways (hate cables) and doubled up with my Maxx-D on the bars is all the light I could conceivably wish for, but the short burn time on full brightness necessitate a lot of switching. Right now, its ok to use the switch as I am only in summer weight gloves, but come the colder weather it may be like trying to wind a watch in boxing gloves 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Exposure lights TAP setting, anyone bother with it ? gimmick ?’ is closed to new replies.