Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Exposure lights. Six Pack or Reflex
  • madmike
    Free Member

Using some Christmas money I am going to treat myself to a new light.
    I’m looking at the six pack and reflex.

I’ve done an advanced search on here but can’t find any info from anyone on the 2013 models.

Hopefully someone has one of the two models in the 2013 version that can advise me.

My main question is there any reason to go for the six pack?
    It is only £20 less than the reflex so at £400 off there is no reason to scrimp on £20.

On paper the six pack is 2000 lumens with 6 LEDS and can run at full power or 2 hours.
    The reflex has all the new clever tech plus is 2200 lumens, a fair bit smaller and has 3 LEDs which I believe are better/newer than the ones in the six pack. Again this can run for 2 hours at full power.

Do the lights produce the same beam pattern and therefore it’s as simple as the reflex is just a slighter brighter light and the better option? Or is there more to it. Having a bigger lense and twice the amount of LEDs I wondered if it would have a bigger/wider beam.

If there is any plus points for going for the six pack instead i’d be interested to hear hat they are.

Trimix
    Free Member

More light will not mean more fun night riding. My best fun night riding was with less power. I ride once/twice a week at night all year.

So spend less on the light. There is always going to be a “better” model.

goatster
    Free Member

Used both, reflex is the better of the two if only because its half the weight. Both fantastic lights…

Bez

I always thought the Six Pack looked like an odd choice when you could get two Toros for exactly the same money. IIRC the Six Pack is basically two Toros in the same tin, so two Toros gives the same output, same burn time, only about 2oz more weight, but more flexibility, more redundancy, and half the charging time.

madmike
    Free Member

Used both, reflex is the better of the two if only because its half the weight. Both fantastic lights…

Did you find much difference in the beam?

At the moment I just can’t see any reason to get the six pack. Saving £20 when spending £400 is just not a reason.
    I notice the reflex has quite a small lense on it so wondered if it produced a very narrow beam.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the two types of LED technology used?

goatster
    Free Member

Didn’t notice any massive difference in the beam, going from hid the ‘beam’ isn’t so pronounced it’s more of a directional flood light than a beam, they both put out a fantastic amount of light. The reflex also has some fancy gadgetry that ensures the light is optimised at all times, lower going uphill, brighter going downhill, if it is over heating it drops the duce a little, has an led display showing how long you have left etc… but as above the main benefit in use is the weight saving over the 6 pack.
    Currently running a reflex and a diablo helmet light…

madmike
    Free Member

Thanks.

I’ve held both on the shop so not been able to see them in action in the dark but the six pack does feel a heft union the hand.

Think i’ll go for the reflex.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member
    madmike
    Free Member

Thanks.
    I’ve held both on the shop so not been able to see them in action in the dark but the six pack does feel a heft union the hand.
    Think i’ll go for the reflex.

Bloody phone!

Thanks.
    I’ve held both in the shop so not been able to see them in action in the dark but the six pack does feel a hefty unit in the hand.

Think I’ll go for the reflex.

bol

I went for the Sixpack because I wasn’t sure I’d want my light to dull when I went into some technical climb, and liked the idea of getting through a whole enduro with a single sufficiently bright light. Doesn’t feel noticeably heavier than my old max-d but is more than twice as bright.

madmike
    Free Member

Rusty Shackleford – Member
    Torchy The Battery Boy

That is excellent! Thank you.

Not quite up to date to include the six pack MK3 or new reflex but has some very good information.

A lot of the expensive big brands didn’t do too well, got me rethinking what to buy now, I could save myself some serious money but still get a massively powerful light.

goatster
    Free Member

Bol, been using the reflex for a while now and I can honestly say I have never noticed the light to get brighter or dimmer depending on where you are, I’m thinking the difference is more energy saving than particularly noticeable. 6pack and reflex both do 3 hours (allegedly)at full chat…on setting 1 I think, full on, or low (edit)

madmike
    Free Member

bol – Member
    I went for the Sixpack because I wasn’t sure I’d want my light to dull when I went into some technical climb, and liked the idea of getting through a whole enduro with a single sufficiently bright light. Doesn’t feel noticeably heavier than my old max-d but is more than twice as bright.

After doing a bit of reading the reflex technology is only used in the extra 3 modes. It has 11 modes compared to the six packs 8. So it can be used in exactly the same way.

One difference I can see on the exposure website is the six pack has a more powerful battery but it doesn’t last any longer so presume it only has the higher capacity battery to cope with the extra draw from having more LED’s

njee20
    Free Member

More light will not mean more fun night riding. My best fun night riding was with less power. I ride once/twice a week at night all year.

Personally I night ride generally because there’s not enough day light hours in winter. I don’t particularly enjoy the dark part, so the lighter the better frankly! YMMV.

bol

Looks like I might have made the wrong choice then. That said, still very happy with the Sixpack.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I have the reflex and love it I find the beam wider than my old mk2 six pack and a lot brighter.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Exposure lights. Six Pack or Reflex’ is closed to new replies.