Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Exposure joystick….
  • DT78
    Free Member

much difference between the various versions?

have you seen then cheap anywhere?

It will be for road rides on unlit roads. My spark just is not light enough and my magicshine brighter than the sun lights are way OTT.

Any other recommendations?

STATO
    Free Member

For the money of a joystick you could get a bsic dynamo wheel and a LED dynamo light, much better than a joystick (or magicshine) for road use.

AndyF1
    Free Member

For a third of the price maybe look at the Lezyne macro drive? I think thats the one.

Bez

What Stato said. I used to use a Joystick as a stopgap, now use a Cyo and an XT dynohub. Way better for a heap of reasons.

DT78
    Free Member

I;ll take a look at the dynamo/ However, this is for flat out rides rather than commuting miles, not sure I want to fit a dynamo light to my lovely race bike…

Will take a look at the macro drive one too.

Bez

You won’t notice any drag on a decent dynohub, and a light one like the SP will only add about 200g over an Ultegra hub or similar. And you can always keep the existing wheel for daylight rides…

Northwind

It’s just a torch- and not a very good torch, with no easy battery replacement. Lovely mounts though. So, get a cheap torch, and if you feel like it, get an Exposure mount- end result is better in several ways, and much cheaper.

DT78
    Free Member

So….I ended up getting a lezyne macro drive for £45. Very happy with the light output used it on low on the unlit roads. Could probably double as a decent enough helment light for offroad.

In turns of durability it is very good – as it managed to ping off the mount and hit the road at 30 odd mph. Little dent and a couple of scratches but still works. Not impressed with mount, worse than exposure ones. Will be modifying with an elastic band in the future. Kind of glad I didn’t spend 2-3 times as much on the joystick.

Other little moan is it is charged by USB, which I thought was great until it arrives and it turns out to be another different connection to the actual light, so I now have another lead in my important lead drawer…. why couldnt it just be a mini-usb connection?!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Exposure joystick….’ is closed to new replies.