Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Exposure battery capacity?
  • Toasty

Pondering lights for MM again, settled on another selection of rubbish Chinese stuff, I was inches away from a Maxx D though.

One thing I found confusing, the claimed capacity of Exposure batteries. The Maxx D claims 11600mah, now I’d assume this is 4x2900mah 18650 batteries in there, but wouldn’t that mean the light is running at 3.7v? The Toro claims 8700mah (3 x 2900mah) and Six Pack is 5 x 2900mah, so it seems to work out.

Do they literally run at half the voltage of everyone else or is this just creative bending of the numbers? The ridiculous sounding battery life almost sold it to me.

Wouldn’t this also just mean they’re drawing double the amps, giving the same battery life as a standard light with 5800mah?

alibongo001

I bought a second hand Maxx D of here and find it wonderful!

I only use the higher settings for downhill gnarpoon action 🙂
    and don’t even have to charge it up for every ride!

This is quite a change from the experience with cheap Chinese lights – will it turn off going downhill again – will water ingress stop it working – will it swing over on the bars and blind me?

Toasty

Yeah, it was mainly the faff of wrapping wires around the bars in the dark I couldn’t be arsed with, as well as the huge sounding battery capacity Exposure claim. Sadly I’m a bit skint this month so I just bought a 7800mah battery pack for my aging Magicshine MJ872 jobby.

I was just wondering whether there was any advantage of Exposure running their lights at 3.7v and double the amps, rather than 7.4v like everyone else, or whether it was just to inflate the battery numbers they quote on their website.

scuttler

No talk of lights here please. We’re not at the solstice yet. Organised people planning ahead and potentially getting a good deal are not allowed. It’ll be insulated SPD boots next…

😉

Toasty

It’s Mayhem next weekend! 🙂

You can tell from the grey clouds and miserable weather, it’ll clear up after next weekend.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Exposure battery capacity?’ is closed to new replies.