Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Exposure Axis mk3
  • nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Evening all! Anyone have an experience of this light. I’ll use it mainly on the road at night but wondering how it would fare on the mtb (on the bars) ?

cheers_drive

I’ve got a mk2 for road use and mtb helmet use. It’s a spotty beam so I not sure how good it would be on the bars

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Hi, thanks for your response. I thought it would be more of a helmet light TBH. It might still be ok for the mtb though as I only want it for getting me home rather than doing a full ride in the pitch black.

jimjam
    Free Member

A friend of mine has a MK2 and it’s very impressive. Not as wide a beam as my MK2 Diablo but the quality of light it puts out seems nicer and it’s as bright. He manages night rides on fast twisty single track no problem (mounted on his head obviously).

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Do you know what light your mate uses on his bars jimjam?

jimjam
    Free Member

None. I’m the same. I would concede that a two light setup is superior from an lighting pov but it’s double the faff and not really essential unless you’re riding strange trails or something very fast/technical.

To supplement my aging Diablo I tried an Equinox last year. It was nice to have, but not really needed. Also, there’s a lot ot be said for the simplicity and pureity of only having one light to charge/mess with.

bluebird
    Free Member

I had one and found the beam a bit too focussed for on the road/bar mounted and switched to a Sirius. It’s not quite as bright but it seems to work better on the road.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Axis mk3’ is closed to new replies.