• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by burt.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Exposure 6pack mk8 – anyone had issues?
  • julzm
    Free Member

Anyone had a problem with Exposure 6packs randomly turning off after 5 mins or so? It will come straight back on if attached to a charger for some reason will only stay on until it actually moves, which makes me think it might be something to do with the reflex tech.

It’s brand new so I’ve sent it back for a replacement but just wondered if anyone else had encountered the same problem or if Ive just been unlucky.

scaled
    Free Member

Try a non reflex program?

julzm
    Free Member

I’ve already sent it back now so can’t check that but good idea anyway.

dhrider
    Free Member

Reflex lights will dim right down if the light senses it is not moving.

The idea is that if you are pedalling up a hill or sitting at the top talking etc the light dims to save power. As soon as you move the light goes back to full power.

The light works out what you are doing by uthe air temperature and by using accelerometers.

Sounds like yours was doing the opposite.

iainc

My reflex MaxxD went back twice and was eventually replaced by Exposure. All related to to reflex mode getting confused and not powering down, ending up eating up battery life. Replacement one has only been used 4 or 5 times and so far so good. I suspect the reflex function is a bit flakey…

jonnyboi

You occasionally get issues, they are fairly complex beasts.

Luckily USE are very good at customer service

burt
    Free Member

Hmm I was wondering if I was just unlucky. Just done a search on here and found this thread. My second 6 pack goes back tommorow for a refund this time. Same problem. Managed to get to the end of the road with the first one, just suddenly turned of as the reflex kicked in. Second one didn’t even get out of the gate before it turned itself off. Both on reflex, prog 1. Tried a non reflex prog and once it gets warm it flickers about every 20secs.
    Poor Quality Control by the looks of it. Very disappointed.

julzm
    Free Member

Yes sounds like the same issue. I had the first one refunded and had to buy another from a different retailer (cost £40 more!) because Wiggles had run out of stock. This new one did the exact same on the first ride out. I contacted Exposure this time though rather than just sending it back. They said something along the lines of they know what the problem and to send to them – as it’s brand new they’ll turn it around within 2 days and get it straight back to me. Plus £25 compensation to spend on their site to cover the inconvenience and postage costs.

burt
    Free Member

That’s interesting. Have you received the light back from exposure yet?

julzm
    Free Member

No it only went back today, so I’d hope to have it back by the end of the week. I emailed service@use.group and they got right back to me.

We also bought a MaxxD at the same time as the first SixPack and it’s been fauiltless.

burt
    Free Member

Hope they sort it for you. Can you update when you get it back.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Exposure 6pack mk8 – anyone had issues?’ is closed to new replies.