Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • exposure 24 solo thing.
  • ton

don't laugh please, but i fancy a go at this.
    and i love newcastleton.
    anyone doing it??

and if you do a solo 24 thing, can you ride a lap or two, have a cuppa or a kip, do a lap………so on so on..

Smee
    Free Member

Yes to all of the above.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

I'm too young to enter! bit ridiculous if you look at past results…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

longest i have rode is 18 hours on a 400k audax, i jacked in at 350k.
    i want to test my self a bit this year, but i do not know if doing a circuit is the thing to do.
    i could enter a big audax, but the logistics for getting home if you jack are a nightmare.
    if i enter a 24 hour thing, i can have a rest whenever, and maybe i might even enjoy it.

bigsi
    Free Member

Good on ya Ton. 😀

I love enduro events and did my first solo at 24/12 last year (only 12 hours mind) bloody tough compared to pairs or teams. Not sure i would be able to do solo 24 hours as I'm not bloody minded/focused enough to keep going that long.

It's all about pacing yourself which I'm not very good at apparently 😕

Good luck if you do decide to do it 8)

robdeanhove
    Free Member

ton, in fact, if you look at the results of the "big 3" 24hr races, almost everyone outside the top 10 stops for a kip for 1-2hrs in the night, most people have a single down time stint of about 4hrs it would seem.

If you're thinking about doing s 24, this is THE one to do, the first solo only race, should be fantastic and a proper good spirit out on the course as everybody will be in it together, none of these aggro team racers flying by.

Go on, you know you want to

robdeanhove
    Free Member

oh, and I'm doing it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘exposure 24 solo thing.’ is closed to new replies.