Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 414 total)
  • Explosions heard at Manchester Arena
  • durhambiker
    Free Member

LapSteel, sorry to hear you were caught up in it, glad to hear you’re all safe. Best wishes with coming to terms with it and as others have said, it’s OK to not be OK.

Binners, sorry about your young colleague. Best wishes to all of you impacted by it.

Apologies if anything I’ve said has seemed petty, and for contributing to the squabbling. The well-being of all involved is the most important thing.

project
    Free Member

JUST TO REPEAT AND PLEASE READ

binners – Member
    You all enjoying your pettty bickering?

Good!

I just drove my 10 and 13 year old daughters to school. Both very upset as they knew people who were going last night, so were hoping they were all still alive. I then drove into work through Salford and Cheetham Hill. The City feels tense. Lots of sirens and helicopters. I get in to where I’m working at the moment to be called into a meeting. We were then informed that an 18 year old colleague was killed at the arena last night.

So could you lot who are busy with your pathetic, petty point-scoring against each other do me a favour…… have some respect and **** OFF!!!

So very sorry youve lost a workmate/freind, i cant imagine what feelings you now have, but stay strong,ignore the point scoring idiots on here, and thanks for posting the above,hopefully will bring the idiots down to earth.

But one things for sure the people of Manchester and the uk will rally round and offer support and help to all that need it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Amidst the despair, there are countless stories of people being awesome.

Sikhs, muslims, christian, atheist cab drivers running their cabs through the night for free. Temples opening their doors for anybody needing somewhere safe for shelter. No doubt coppers, emergency services personnel working through exhaustion without a second thought.

It’s that Fred Rogers quote again isn’t it:
    When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.

The retweets of missing kids are **** heartbreaking.

Apologies for any inferred mawkishness but we all struggle to see positives after these events but they’re out there.

And then there’s Katie **** Hopkins spreading hate.
    Two types of people try to win when this happens. Terrorists and Bigots (who just do the terrorists’ work for them in a roundabout way).

dazh

Just been in Piccadilly station. Cops everywhere, some of them armed with machine guns. Kids with Ariana t-shirts looking like ghosts, and loads of journalists with cameras and other kit. It’s a surreal and disturbing scene.

piemonster

Lapsteel and Binners, thoughts are with you and to anyone caught up in this, awful, cowardly act.

mintimperial

Oh Binners that’s awful, I’m so sorry, for your colleague and for those left behind. Take care fella.

irelanst
    Free Member

Lapsteel and Binners, thoughts are with you and to anyone caught up in this, awful, cowardly act.

+1

Little miss irelanst got an uncomfortably long (for her) hug at the school gates this morning.

Harry_the_Spider

Spinningfields and Rylands have been evacuated but they are letting them back in.

Some understandably twitchy security.

I would have thought a bunch of people in the street presents a bigger target than a bunch of people dispersed throughout a building.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

I believe an arrest of a 23yr old has been made already in Chorlton in connection with this awful incident.

Islamic State have claimed responsibility.

Terrible.

My home town.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

So could you lot who are busy with your pathetic, petty point-scoring against each other do me a favour…… have some respect and **** OFF!!!

I usually stay away from these topics but I couldn’t agree more with that.

I’ve noticed lately that more and more topics seem to be ending up as the same old people just turning things into a stupid argument. Have a good look at yourselves will you, it’s getting pretty tiresome now.

Thoughts to anybody involved in this 🙁

Drac

Islamic State have claimed responsibility.

Of course they will always do but often they have no connection.

davosaurusrex

Brother is in Chorlton and said the Police helicopter is hovering overhead following the arrest, he says it’s **** up round there unsurprisingly. Awful times. I’d never let this sort of thing stop me living my life but my oldest daughter is 9 and will be wanting to go to this sort of event soon no doubt…….

Thoughts with all those affected.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Of course they will always do but often they have no connection.

Agreed

Thoughts with all thoughs caught up in this horrific act.

I know this isnt the time or place, but what can you do when one mans mental state has been altered that much that they are happy to take their own life, and in an area where they know it will mainly be children. Its not religion that does this 🙁

Drac

An 8 year old has been name. 8 FFS what on earth has she done to deserve this? 😥

IHN

Just saw that Drac. Tragic.

Drac

Just awful. The reporting breaking the news started to break down.

tenfoot

So, so sad

lowey

Sorry to hear that Binners. Stay strong mate.

Lapsteel, sent a chill down my back… so glad you got out.

Hug your nearest and dearest people.

Tom-B
    Free Member

The 8 year old that was killed was there with her mum and sister….both of whom were found injured being treated at different hospitals apparently. How bloody awful is that 🙁

gonzy
    Free Member

An 8 year old has been name. 8 FFS what on earth has she done to deserve this?

the worst thing is there are 20 more victims who have yet to be named…some of whom will also be of a similar age…just heartbreaking 🙁

monksie
    Free Member

My daughter and some friends are making banners for this evenings vigil in Albert Square. 6:00pm in case anybody was wondering.

“Stay Strong r’ Kid”, “Stronger Manchester” and “The City Is Ours” (not affiliated to MCFC though). Lots of worker bee images as well.

Thoughts with those involved.

monksie
    Free Member

Controlled explosion in Fallowfield has just been reported.

Drac

In other positive news.

Cafes, Asda and Tesco have been supplying emergency services with food and refreshment supplies all for free.

People really are marvellous.

infidel
    Free Member

CBS are reporting the name of the bomber. US security services releasing more info currently than ours – wonder why? (Genuine question that)

IHN

Because the police ask them not to, because it tips off people who may be related to the plot that the police are on their case.

Drac

Because US media are some how more vial than the UKs.

Bregante

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Might have been a D notice issued to ask the media not to.

mrmo
    Free Member

I know this isnt the time or place, but what can you do when one mans mental state has been altered that much that they are happy to take their own life, and in an area where they know it will mainly be children. Its not religion that does this

If you want to stop it, those who are willing to die aren’t the people to go after. The people you want are the ones who benefit.

But if you treat those who are susceptible to radicalisation as ****s you are half way to pushing them over the edge. There is a reason internment, torture, etc don’t work, you breed resentment, you breed hate.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

“Stay Strong r’ Kid”, “Stronger Manchester” and “The City Is Ours” (not affiliated to MCFC though). Lots of worker bee images as well.

People really are marvellous.

Dusty in here isn’t it.

lowey

Got my Bee printed off and attached to my back pack. Cycling over to Albert Square in a bit.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Just heard that a student at the school I teach at Weds-Fri is missing still, and one more was injured. 🙁

Tracey

My work colleague and friend was waiting for his daughter when the blast went off. His daughter is safe however he is in hospital with serious leg injuries.
    Cant put into words the way I feel.

johndoh
    Free Member

At the weekend we found out some twins who go horse riding with one of my daughters had just lost their mum to suicide and that upset me (being dad to twins of the same age and knowing the family) – so much so I have been having nightmares about it since (really not like me) then to wake to that news this morning really shook me. In two weeks we are due to give our girls tickets to see Little Mix as 8th birthday presents and I now don’t want to – it all seems to close to home 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

@lowry my thoughts will be there with you. Waiting to see knee consultant and hospital observed the minutes silence at 4. I have been to a few too many vigils lately.

@Tracey send him STW’s healing vibes

igm

Johndoh – I can understand.
    My best man and I are taking my 11 year old to see ZZ Top at the Manchester Academy.
    The don’t want to is in my head too. But it ain’t going to win.
    They are not going to stop me living while I’m still alive. End of.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

bit late to this, but, lost for words, the news is just awful

Bregante

Awful day. I went to bed around 11.30pm and at that time it was being reported that there were 2 confirmed deaths and the most likely cause was due to a panic from a burst balloon or pyrotechnic malfunction. I woke at 4.30 to see what had unfolded and came straight into work. Throughout the morning I’ve spoken to staff who were going home 20 hrs after they arrived at work. Many of them had given first aid to dying victims inside the arena. Some of them clearly have been massively affected by what they had seen and have been told to take a minimum of 10 hrs rest before returning to duty.

I know that the likelihood is that every one of them will be in now or on their way back in as I type.

Drac

Huge thanks and thoughts to your colleagues Bregante. We train for it but we can not comprehend or mentally deal with the aftermath.

lowey

Thank you Russ… to all your colleagues and all the emergency services.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 414 total)

The topic ‘Explosions heard at Manchester Arena’ is closed to new replies.