Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 414 total)
  • Explosions heard at Manchester Arena
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Nothing good is going to come from this conversation. I’d suggest if some people want to make it all about conspiracies, uninformed assumptions and whataboutery, we just ignore them.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Many years later she was at a medical conference in Russell Square. “Oh that’s a bomb” she said. “How would you know?” asked her colleagues. “Oh I was at the Arndale Centre” says she nonchalantly.

They are quite distinctive. I was a few hundred metres from an IRA explosion in Camden in the early ’90s. It’s like a small earthquake (been in one of those too).

Glad you and yours are OK LapSteel. I know it’s a cliché and already been said, but it’s OK not to be OK. Take care.

binners

You all enjoying your pettty bickering?

Good!

I just drove my 10 and 13 year old daughters to school. Both very upset as they knew people who were going last night, so were hoping they were all still alive. I then drove into work through Salford and Cheetham Hill. The City feels tense. Lots of sirens and helicopters. I get in to where I’m working at the moment to be called into a meeting. We were then informed that an 18 year old colleague was killed at the arena last night.

So could you lot who are busy with your pathetic, petty point-scoring against each other do me a favour…… have some respect and **** OFF!!!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Edited: due to reading Binners post.

Mate, I’m sorry

🙁

grenosteve
    Free Member

Gutted for LapSteel, Binners and anyone else involved in this, it’s terrible.

Not feeling too spritely this morning after reading the news. 🙁

Thoughts are with the families affected.

(I agree, this shouldn’t be the place for arguing the toss over who is right/wrong, and the ins and outs of terrorism – please stop)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I normally hate to agree with Binners, but…….

Step away from the keyboard.

Cougar

have some respect

Quite.

wilburt
    Free Member

Sympathy to those directly affected.

I disagree with the suppression of discussion though so will pop over to the BBC, Sky, ITV and every other media organisation in the world for a broad range of views.

binners

*deleted so as not to descend to the level of certain others*

It’s pretty sombre in here. Silent, in fact. Everyone thinking the same, I’m sure….. 18 years old FFS? Whole life in front of them. And for what? Sometimes you’re just utterly mystified as to how people are capable of such things 😥

tpbiker
    Free Member

Sickening act of cowardness by absolute scum. These people are a smear on humanity rather than any religion.

Just when I thought they couldn’t get any lower..a concert full of young girls..

It’s at times like this I hope there is a hell, as whoever is responsible will have a special place in it reserved for them.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

That’s shit Binners. Sorry mate. 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member
    My heart sank when I heard about this attack on the radio this morning.
    Not only because of the horror that these poor innocent people involved have been forced to endure which is the real tragedy here.

….but also because I knew that, when I got to work and switched on my computer that the cozy illusion i’ve constructed for myself would be shattered.
    That the bunch of random internet strangers i’ve chosen to loosely align myself with, who i’ve chosen to believe are all good guys (and gals) would turn out to be not as nice and reasonable as I had imagined.

I is disappoint. I is not surprised.

POSTED 25 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

There are a few who choose to voice thier opinion, whether you like/dislike it it’s thier prerogative. The fact that they have no respect or sign of dignity is more worrying.

I have no problem with extremist viewpoints, religious or social, but I choose not to agree or align myself with them.

In situations such as these conspiracy and political beliefs shine, I say let them for those that choose to follow such are brought out into the open and seen for who they actually are.

We are all allowed free speech and political bias, long may that continue.

Being disrespectful and blatantly nasty simply means the believer has yet to form into a human.

IHN

Shit, Bin-Bins, that’s awful. You’re right, it’s the age of the targets/victims here that’s just so effing tragic.

I’m sure you’ll be giving the BinBinettes and extra big hug tonight

DezB
    Free Member

Reading through the thread thinking it wasn’t something I wanted to be involved with – Thoughts definitely on the lines of binner’s post, without the local involvement, but with a friend who regularly takes her 2 daughters to exactly that sort of gig. Thanks binners.
    A horrible night.

nickewen
    Free Member

Awful news. My thoughts go out to all those impacted by last nights truly evil attack.

craig24
    Free Member

Awful, driving through Salford this morning and it felt different, tense as Binners put it. Thoughts are with all those impacted. Please anyone affected post your thoughts in here, talk about it.

wors

Thats horrific Binners 🙁

Thoughts are with all those affected.

Harry_the_Spider

FFS Binners. ? 🙁

I told my kids on the way to school as we are only 3 or 4 miles away and it will be discussed in morning Assembly. There may be kids from the local high school caught up in it.

My 7 year old daughter asked why anyone would do this. I couldn’t answer.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I don’t know anyone in Manchester,but watching the TV seeing the pic of the 15yr girl who is missing with her Mother pleading for info, made me feel very upset….and still does. I have a 16 yr old daughter and it felt very real.

gordimhor

This is a terribly sad day.

chewkw
    Free Member

RIP to the victims.

I only heard the news during the early hour of this morning …

ourmaninthenorth

Binners and Lapsteel – sorry to hear you were caught up in it. @ Binners, especially sorry about your young colleague.

Remember, it may hit hard later: come back here for support.

A couple of people I work with were there last night. One with both his daughters left just before it happened. The other apparently made sure his family was safe and went back in to help the injured.

(Am taken back to that feeling of not knowing if my FIL was OK when he was working in New York on 9/11.)

#lovemanchester

scud
    Free Member

Edited – blood banks have changed update..

Not a time for political point scoring, but a time for good people to come together, and my heart goes out to anyone affected, these were innocents and no-one of any faith, creed or colour deserves this.

wors

Colleagues g/f has just texted him to say the Arndale has been evacuated…

gonzy
    Free Member

prayers and thoughts go out to the families of the victims and anyone else affected by last nights tragedy….whoever was responsible for it they are nothing nothing but evil and cowardly scumbags!!
    @ Lapsteel glad you got out safely
    @ Binners so sorry to hear about your colleague

big salute to the emergency services for their response and to all the local hotels and residents who offered those affected somewhere to stay the night.

theres still more to be done…heard on the radio that they’re short of type O Neg blood and need urgent donations
    there are still lots of children and parents who are still trying to be reunited with their loved ones and many more have been seen wandering around near the venue waiting to be treated and helped.

now is not the time to see who can come out with the best smart ass comment or to point the finger of blame at anyone….let the police do their job

right now we need to show solidarity and unity and say to those who would do such a heinous act…

WE ARE MANCHESTER AND TOGETHER WE STAND….YOU WILL NOT DEFEAT US EVER!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wors – Member

Victoria coach station was also evacuated this morning. Security rather understandably twitchy.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

zokes – Still not a customer
    Ooof

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/manchester-attack-homeless-man-rushes-help-cradles-dying-woman-arms/

I really wish I hadn’t read that. Please post a warning to others.

scud
    Free Member

theres still more to be done…heard on the radio that they’re short of type O Neg blood and need urgent donations

I changed my post above, my wife’s cousin works for NHS in Manchester and they have said Type O is low, but that they have enough to deal and not to just turn up without appointment, people should though register to donate and do so in the coming weeks as stocks will now run low, but Official Blood Service Twitter asks people not to turn up

Follow here: @givebloodNHS for an update.

P-Jay
    Free Member

There’s a video of a man being arrested at the Arndale Centre, you never know how credible these things are until weeks after the fact, but the guy being taken away by Police on Twitter is a white guy, shaved head, combat trousers and those massive boots that lace up almost to the knee.

Link

RickDraper
    Free Member

Arndale centre in Manchester has now been evacuated.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I thought about the Manchester STW massive when I read the news this morning, truly awful for all concerned.

Harry_the_Spider

My wife works at John Rylands Library on Deansgate. She set off at 6:30 this morning with her “defiant face” on and had to walk a fair distance to get in on time.

I kind of wish she hadn’t.

Hopefully she’ll stay out of the public spaces today and go and work in the vault. She’s braver than me though.

Yak

Desperately sad day.
    Binners and Lapsteel – sorry to hear and thoughts with those affected.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Like wise to most I awoke to this news at 6;30am with a panicing wife , she works at Griffin house, next to the Mcds in the arena shocked worried and unsure what today will bring , im sat here glued to the news and radio worrying like most.
    Speculation is just that, as others have said reflex and praise those who came to others aid ,offered help assistance and did their job with courage and resolve. The police and other services will have their day.

ebennett

My wife works at John Rylands Library on Deansgate. She set off at 6:30 this morning to get in on time with her “defiant” face on and had to walk a fair distance to get in.

Hopefully she’ll stay out of the public spaces today and go and work in the vault. She’s braver than me though.

Same here, mine’s just been evacuated from her work near the Arndale, hopefully it’s just because of some idiot per P-Jay’s link. My usual attitude to this stuff is that the best response is just to go on as normal to show they can’t get to you, but it’s a bit different when you’re up close to it.

Cougar

Arndale centre in Manchester has now been evacuated.

They’re letting people back in now I believe.

freeagent
    Free Member

So sorry to hear some of you were very close to this terrible tragedy.

I can remember our house shaking in 1996 when the IRA set off that huge bomb in Docklands, and also remember a couple of tense hours trying to get hold of my brother on 7/7 as he worked in Russell square at the time.

I also take my daughters to shows/concerts and can imagine the horror of this happening in a packed venue.

Take care of each other – and don’t lose sight of the fact that one despicable sh*tbag caused this, but hundreds of regular people dropped everything to help, both the professionals and local people.

Running into a crisis whilst everyone else is running away takes a special kind of person, regardless of training/uniform.

gonzy
    Free Member

My wife works at John Rylands Library on Deansgate. She set off at 6:30 this morning with her “defiant face” on and had to walk a fair distance to get in on time.

i know how you feel Harry….my wife works in City Tower right outside of Picadilly Gardens…wish she had just said she was going to work from home…

Drac

Running into a crisis whilst everyone else is running away takes a special kind of person, regardless of training/uniform

To use a corney phrase.

Superheroes don’t always wear capes.

My heart out to people on here directly effect. I’ve just wok from nights and have the TV on, watching footage of teenage girls around my daughter’s age scrambling to get away is just heartbreaking.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 414 total)

The topic ‘Explosions heard at Manchester Arena’ is closed to new replies.