Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Exploding iphones
  • Kuco

I know a few people on here have them http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8223005.stm

Andy_K

They've sold 26million phones, bound to have a few duffers. See also Sony-made laptop batteries a couple of years back.

clubber
    Free Member

No problem with mine ye….

Ewan
    Free Member

My one….. hasn't blown up.

Kuco

I knew about the laptop batteries I had to send my ibook battery back. I hope no one has a problem with theirs.

tails
    Free Member

apple always have problems like this such as not being able to cool the macbook well, and the early ipods lack of reliability, still the OS is so nice to use I can put up with a problem now then

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

oh no! they explode, im not getting one know!
    you would thing that they would of sorted these problems out agers ago…the i phone is nearly 2 yrs old now…and if its sold 26 million then its not as unique so thier isnt much point getting one anyway…problem solved…

mAx_hEadSet

12 months 3g charged everyday in my trouser pockets balls still intact, do you also drive down the road looking at crashed cars thinking you won't be getting one of them next…. or do you presume the driver was a twunt…

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

lol…

CountZero

I've seen the forum items, particularly the French one that supposedly 'exploded', putting fragments of glass into the owner's face. There was a photograph of the phone, with the glass broken and crazed. Oddly, the phone was still working, clearly showing an on-screen message from a text alert. If the phone supposedly exploded, then how, exactly, was it continuing to function? It couldn't possibly have been a stress induced failure of the glass due to the owner sitting on it? Of course, there are always going to be failures, there is no such thing as perfect tech, particulary Li-ion batteries, which can be very explosive if not treated carefully. Apple, of course, don't manufacture batteries; any problems involving exploding Li-ion cells lay with Toshiba or Sony or whoever, but of course the Apple haters will always blame Apple, because they make crappy equipment that always breaks and injures people. Especially when they stick it in their pocket and then stick their fat asses on it.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

why didn't I think of that when I dropped mine and smashed the screen?

"…………it just went off in my hand"

CountZero

Further to my post above, from MacDailyNews, today:

"A number of iPhones that reportedly 'exploded' in France were not due to the battery overheating as had been suggested, Apple has said," The BBC News reports.

"The firm said that all of the handsets they had seen with broken screens were caused by an 'external force,'" The Beeb reports.

"'To date, there are no confirmed battery overheating incidents for iPhone 3GS and the number of reports we are investigating is in the single digits,' Apple said in a statement," " The Beeb reports. "Apple has sold 26 million iPhones and 200 million iPods to date. 'The iPhones with broken glass that we have analysed to date show that in all cases the glass cracked due to an external force that was applied to the iPhone,' [Apple said."

see, stupid people sitting on them and blaming Apple, just like with the original Nano's

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Exploding iphones’ is closed to new replies.