Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Explain Zwift to me…
  • Kryton57

So I’ve joined as a wet weather replacement, hoping to ride around Spain tomorrow morning as I see people do.

So 2 things:

a) I seem to only have London rides in my rides menu – why?

b) If I want to “race” do I join one of the “events” on the right hand side, and therefore am limited to the timing of these “events”?

Ta

jimdubleyou

hoping to ride around Spain tomorrow morning

Have they put some new tracks in? I thought you could only ride around “Wattopia”

Bregante

Watopia, London and Richmond when I last used it (now on trainerroad). The routes change every 3 or 4 days but you only have that one option. And yes, races are in real-time so you have to fit in with their schedules.
    Just follow the instructions for that particular race (some specify what kit to select or something added to your rider name to identify that you are in the race.) then just roll up to the start line and wait for the off.

https://teamup.com/ks4861763bd63ce3d8/

weeksy

Different days different places

Waptopia, Richmond, London.

weeksy

Every ride is a race, just not an organised event. You’ll always find a battle out there.

Kryton57

So i can choose a training session and do that with other riders, then when that sessions dont just ride about, keep up/chase/overtake other riders ans go for the sprints and climbs…

… is basically it?

Ill see if i get bored tomorrow.

teamslug
    Free Member

If you choose a training session from the start menu you will ride that on your own. You can choose which ‘ route ‘ to take as you do that or select left or right as it pops up near a junction. I have just unsubscribed after a year. I don’t like the ride London course and it’s just got a bit boring. It’s not trainer road but it’s good to just jump on and ride. I’ve gone with trainer road and think I’m gonna give sufferfest a go with the new app.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ill see if i get bored tomorrow.

Do report back 🙂

I’m Zwift curious but don’t really get the appeal. Maybe if I had a proper app controlled smart turbo I might think differently. I’ll give it a go some day.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Explain Zwift to me…’ is closed to new replies.