• This topic has 60 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Explain Chris De Burgh, please.
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Surely Chris de Burgh is the epitome of the ‘middle of the road’ genre?

globalti
    Free Member

The worst thing about listening to music in the 70s and 80s was having to get up every 20 minutes and turn the record over.

DezB
    Free Member

Especially while driving

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Is that not Coldplay?

slowoldman

I don’t know if anyone here recalls the TV series “Play it Again”. In one episode Aled Jones had a go at learning drums. He was learning Led Zeppelin’s Rock and Roll (with Bonzo’s brilliant drum break at the end). However, he decided he didn’t want to do that so he went of to play drums for his old mate Chris de Burgh.

Sums ’em both up. Still, they’ve both done well for themselves as mum would have said.

jon1973
    Free Member

Some of his songs are very much like the sort David Brent would come up with.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Patricia the Stripper was his highlight

especially when, with a swing of hips, she undid all her clips.

as for The Painter..

mechanicaldope

[video]https://youtu.be/u_Sp8AsbMVk[/video]

ransos
    Free Member

On a bus travelling through Patagonia, the driver thought we’d all be entertained by Spanish language re-recordings of pop hits. Yes, we had La Dama de Rojo…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is that not Coldplay?

Possibly but I refuse to acknowledge their existence.

The worst thing about listening to music in the 70s and 80s was having to get up every 20 minutes and turn the record over.

I thought he’d been claimed by the 2016 mass cull. Obviously not.

pictonroad

I managed the construction of a flood defence in his sister’s garden. Big garden, lovely house, bit formal for my taste but a decent supply of tea and biscuits, gardener was a bit uppity at times.

spekkie
    Free Member

Had a listen to most of his “hits” last night and was surprised how many I was familiar with.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Self explanatory.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43zOwm34hqQ[/video]

kennyp
    Free Member

I’m not a fan but did see him live many many years ago with a girl who was. Have to admit that Patricia the Stripper is one of the best live songs I’ve seen anyone do. Great mix of energy and humour.

CheesybeanZ

seriously, don’t even fix a price.

PayPal gift ??

bikebouy
    Free Member

I listened to some of his stuff, mainly the hits. I wasn’t surprised to note I only knew a couple of them.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Paulstretch it.

sirromj

I always thought Chris de Burgh was shit, but now I’ve youtubed patricia the stripper I now know.

shermer75
    Free Member

What about if you use a credit card therefore employing a reasonable level of buyer protection?

DezB
    Free Member

My in-car reference obviously too subtle for ya..

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Explain Chris De Burgh, please.’ is closed to new replies.