Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Experience of TritonCycles
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I see some older threads but wondering if anyone had bought recently from Triton Cycles and if so how their service was?

STATO
    Free Member

They are usually quite good, had a bike and a few a parts orders with them this year. However they seem to be a bit slow at the moment. Good comunication generally tho.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I got a saddle from them a couple of weeks ago. Email said we’ll let you know when we despatch. Next day saddle came – still waiting for email. No complaints though – very quick and cheap.

toys19
    Free Member

Will never shop there again. Arseholes.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Will shop there again. Gents.

toys19
    Free Member

I should warn you, mine is single issue. I’m sure they are nice to other people, but after my treatment I vowed never to shop their again and go out of my way to tell others.

STATO
    Free Member

Was it one individual you dealt with toys, because they were very pleasant to me when part of order was out of stock, offered to ship part order early at no extra cost.

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

Never had a problem with them, normally quick service in my experience.

atlaz
    Free Member

So far they’re being pretty crappy with the communication for what is a pretty easy sale. Making me a little nervous.

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

They sent me the wrong bike.

To be fair though – communication was pretty good and they sorted it out.

STATO
    Free Member

Atlaz – why are you nervous? Do you think they are sitting there laughing at you while sending your money to an offshore bank!? They are a shop, they have lots of customers to deal with, prob only a few email bods to deal with questions and spam. Have you rung them? They responded to my questions last week, the response ended up in my spam, have you checked there?

atlaz
    Free Member

Jesus, you’re defensive. Your LBS? You work there? You just having a crap day?

Well when you ask for shipping costs and ask a couple of other questions and it takes days for a reply and they don’t even reply to the whole email, it makes me wonder what service I may get if something goes south. I’m not asking for advice, I’m asking for them to give me a total price for a bunch of stuff. Easy money for them.

STATO
    Free Member

Sorry, it just sounded a bit dramatic. You’d be nervous about sending cash to Someone you don’t know or leaving your window open when your out the house. If you have placed an Order with a legitimate shop (and we gave good response about) then what is there to be nervous about, they send you the wrong item? Not exactly world ending.

Of course you now clarify that you have not even ordered. Yes it might be good for them to respond correctly to a question but do you not think they get a lot of emails and no follow up sales? The website lists postage costs anyway.

No affiliation to them. Never been to the shop. Just ordered some stuff when they were cheapest.

atlaz
    Free Member

They asked me to email them rather than answer by phone… and I don’t live in the UK so they ask overseas customers to contact them for shipping costs.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Brought a bike from them in May, it turned up 4 days later as expected. No worries here. If your that concerned give them a bell, I’m sure that will put to rest any worries you have. I’d happily use them again.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’m sure they’re fine, was just asking who’d used them and what their experience was as they were a little absent via email. I shall update if/when it’s all sorted so I can at least not ruin their rep online 🙂

adsh
    Free Member

Bought a spearfish frame last Sunday. Contacted them via e mail on Tuesday to ask status, recieved an immediate reply telling me it would be with me on Thursday which it was. Well packaged and cheapest on line. Didn’t have all the automated mails some have but I was happy.

atlaz
    Free Member

Well I’ve paid them my money and once they got warmed up, the emails were pretty quickly replied to.

1-shed
    Free Member

Frame and fork ordered, frame and fork sent. The lady who answered the phone was pleasant. I would use again.

chood7
    Free Member

I have used Triton twice. Found them very good. I returned one item. They refunded instantly, spoke to a very polite and helpful Lady.

Lester
    Free Member

i bought a bike from them that they pricematched.
    it was great price, i ordered via the web.
    it was ready the next day, great service HOWEVER !
    i thought as they had been so good pricematching that i would save them some money by collecting it rather than have them deliver, big mistake, that then changed the purchase to “in store” rather than “web purchase”
    i then tried to return the bike unused and upgrade for another bike, but they told me to bog off and sell it myself
    i wont use them again

stanleigh
    Free Member

I’ve used them twice , not the quickest despatch , but cheap & cheerful.

I’d use them again.

stanleigh
    Free Member

I’ve used them twice , not the quickest despatch , but cheap & cheerful.

I’d use them again.

atlaz
    Free Member

Is that one post per use?

easygirl

Bought 2 frames from them at different times
    Great service, quick delivery

cupra
    Free Member

Ordered a bike online last Wednesday, received confirmation email just after that. Received dispatch email on the Thursday then received the bike on the Friday morning. Can’t fault them.

Baldysquirt

Ordered some forks that showed were in stock. Email next day to apologise for not being in stock any more and did I want to cancel. Did on that occasion, but found the communication encouraging.

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

No Haribo tho…

rOcKeTdOg

Have had many items from them from saddle to full bike, no probs whatsoever

atlaz
    Free Member

Just so I update after buying… Bought full bike. Comms was at times a bit slow but they sorted out a couple of things (one of my making, the other of theirs) with no fuss. Very happy and I’d use them again.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Ordered an item in stock only to later be told it wasn’t.

To be fair the same item was out of stock everywhere and several others quoted in stock when it wasn’t. I found out that most places that aren’t huge warehouses quote stock based on their supplier.

Also they updated me a day after I ordered, which is better than many places. Some you have to chase them and then after a while they investigate and tell you the in stock item is out of stock.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I got a couple of seats from them in separate orders, both good price and both turned up fine. Can’t complain.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Not very helpful sorting out manufacturing defects on a Cannondale I bought from them.

Part of that is mail order bikes though

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Experience of TritonCycles’ is closed to new replies.