Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Experience of riding an Orbea Rallon in the LOWEST setting?
  • simon80
    Free Member

Hi,
    I am toying with the idea of a SB6C with 26” wheels.
    My only concern is the b&b height.
    It turns out that it would be similar to a Rallon in the lowest setting.
    So, as per the title – anyone had experience of this and on what terrain?

julians
    Free Member

I’ll let you know in a few weeks when I’ve ridden mine a few times.

Some of the reviews reckoned it was too low and only to be used on the steepest of trails,,whilst others thought it was fine and just left it in the lowest setting all the time

simon80
    Free Member

Thanks Julian’s . Looking forward to your feedback!

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

Friend said his was brilliant on the more open trails in the Alps on the low setting but prefers the higher setting for our local trails lots of rooted narrow single track. I’ve only ridden mine on the higher setting so far.

simon80
    Free Member

BBQ – would you ever consider dropping your b&b? Or would you consider it too far?

doug_basqueMTB.com

I run my Rallon in LOWER quite a bit. It’s great but don’t think i would want much lower. I use the NORMAL setting a lot too when it’s a bumpy climb or a really steppy descent. I change it quite a bit, it’s great having the two settings. If I had to choose one setting only it’d be the higher of the two, the lower is amazing in some stuff and a bit compromised in other stuff.

julians
    Free Member

Went out for a first ride today in the lowest settings, had a few pedal strikes when pedalling out of downhill corners, but no major issues. Am running 175mm cranks, so might change to 170mm and see how it goes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Experience of riding an Orbea Rallon in the LOWEST setting?’ is closed to new replies.