Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Experience of Magura Marta SLs or other light brakes?
  • gregc
    Free Member

Hi there , I’m after some lightweight brakes for XC use .
    I saw the review in the mag this month and they seem to like them ,but I’d like to know what other people think .–Or would you recommend Hope mini pro’s for example? Don’t recommend Formula F1’s as you can’t get them anywhere!!
    Cheers.

Moda
    Free Member

You cant also get the new 2009 Marta Magnesiums yet either….

BearBack
    Free Member

I’ve run Marta SL’s on my Spark for 2 years now. Initially with 180mm vented rotor up front and 160mm std rotor out back. Now 180/160mm std rotors as I gave the GF the venti as I didn’t really need it on my race bike.

I also run Marta SL’s on my Ransom with 203mm venti front, 180mm std rotor out back.

The brakes are super in both applications, one for xc race, one for trail/AM riding. Both applictaions give well modulated and confident stopping and IMO better than the 06 Louise FR’s that I had on the Ransom previously.

Only problem i’ve had is on a super muddy enduro race (4 hrs of mud plugging) was dirt in the lever bodies and calipers meaning I had to give them a thorough squirting with my water bottle to get the wheels turning freely again as things were binding.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Experience of Magura Marta SLs or other light brakes?’ is closed to new replies.