Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Expensive things that are a bit rubbish
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Women! Just when you think you’ve found a reliable and economical version it starts producing children ffs!

Either you had something to do with that or you have other problems.
    Or misquoting from above

Buy an older one, spend less money.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Or misquoting from above

Buy an older one, spend less money.

[/quote]

loving your work

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Is there not a meme for how long it takes an internet discussion to start dissing Dyson’s? if not I claim my £5 voucher and name rights – Disdyson law.

I’m in the pro dyson lobby FWIW over 15yrs and counting, and it’s Green too 🙂

ononeorange

No views on Dysons as never had one, but he does come across as a rather annoying shouty angry man (Dyson).

orangeboy
    Free Member

Our dyson dc01 has finally died after 14 years can’t fault that.

As for rubbish landrover defender or more specifically post tdi ones

Northwind

I like it when people say “I can’t understand how your <product X> isn’t reliable, mine is 50 years old and never misses a beat”, as if a product can’t change in 50 years! Might as well say “I own a completely different product and it’s reliable, why isn’t yours?”

cinnamon_girl

Miele. Standards dropped in certainly 20 years. Never again.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Don’t say Miele I’ve just treated myself

Houns

Fake boobs

And semi-trolling, but, Jones bikes. Still don’t get the one size fits all thing. They are expensive and rubbish until I’ve ridden one 😛

mintimperial

You just listed a load of problems with modern life, not problems with cars.

OK, I’ll bite, just for a second. Yes, any individual car can be held up as well designed and fit for purpose, but… Modern, western life has been shaped at a fundamental level by the motor car. Indeed it is intrinsic to some of the worst aspects of our modern life. If the motor car didn’t exist, life would be very different (not necessarily worse). So saying that my problem is with modern life is disingenuous, because modern life is how it is partly because of cars. And many of the things that I hate most about modern life are hateful precisely because of the nature of the car, which encourages the worst aspects of human nature (selfishness, apathy, acquisitiveness, aggression, indifference). So, by and large, I stand by my assessment: cars are shit.

But like I said before, I don’t expect anyone to agree with me.

molgrips
    Free Member

Modern, western life has been shaped at a fundamental level by the motor car

That’s absolutely true, but it’s not the fault of the car – it’s the fault of us who use them. We did not realise what we were doing to our lives. People have always needed to move around. The car is just better at it than many systems. A lot of things have been made possible because of the car.

selfishness, apathy, acquisitiveness, aggression, indifference

You make a good point, but I believe that people have always had those attributes, and car usage behaviour is simply another symptom. Technology gives us freedoms and enables us to express ourselves, for better or worse. But it’s not the fault of the technology, on the whole.

Cars are neutral to me. There are choked angry commutes, but there are also family road trips and glorious drives through the countryside. There are angry commutes by car and angry commutes by train. 100 years ago we’d have been commuting on foot, and probably having a nice stroll, but we’d have been walking the same streets our whole lives to the same factory and doing the same shit. And the town would have been smoky and dirty because the factory was right in the middle of it.

fearless1993
    Free Member

Plus One for Dre beats , they are nothing but a cheap fashion Item that sound as good as apple’s earphones.

emanuel
    Free Member

barbours.

gazc
    Free Member

the south east – expensive to live there, pretty rubbish really (unless you are minted)

badnewz
    Free Member

But like I said before, I don’t expect anyone to agree with me.

I agree with your post.

edhornby

Wine from the US, there’s a reason why you don’t really see it in the UK

GrahamS

Have we done the Edinburgh Trams yet?

Plus One for Dre beats

Make your own – much better and cheaper 😀

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLa4fziHqD4[/video]

(PS Dyson DC-05 still going strong after about 15 years. Replaced the motor once after two days sucking up brick dust and concrete from a wall I was renovating. Cheap and easy to do – it was built to be repaired, screws and bolts, no glue or welds)

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Well, Casey Neistat will tell you Apple iPods are expensive and rubbish…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkrRCgFZhGo[/video]

GrahamS

He has a point too. He’s a much bigger fan of the iPhone though. 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Expensive things that are a bit rubbish’ is closed to new replies.