Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • Expensive things that are a bit rubbish
  • Harry_the_Spider

No 1.
    Dyson DC30

Expensive
    A bit rubbish

willard

Caviar. Very expensive, tastes salty and yuck.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

This apparently, and in the end you will never be allowed to use it properly…

bearnecessities

Champagne. I don’t get it.

igm

Sorry Harry. Our mini Dyson gets used all the time and is pretty good. Pretty old now but a cheap replacement battery has kept it going nicely. In fact by the sound of it it’s being used now.

Harry_the_Spider

Ours cuts out every 5 seconds. Rubbish.

Klunk
    Free Member

doesn’t get much more expensive or much more useless than this

leffeboy

Champagne. I don’t get it

A friend’s dad who was a collector brought some once and then I got it – it was fabulous. I’ve never felt the same about any champagne that I’ve bought in any wine shop though 🙁 so got to agree with you there

tomhoward

Ours cuts out every 5 seconds. Rubbish broken

Ftfy (sort of) time for a service, or warranty job?

ampthill

Yes the Dyson hardly qualifies as a major aberation.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/6/10/hasselblad-lunar-now-shipping

A £700 camera with a bit of wood stuck on it. £5000

Looks good though :~/

racefaceec90

apple products 😉

dons flame proof coat

maccruiskeen

Ours cuts out every 5 seconds. Rubbish.

its not rubbish then, its just broken – luckily Dyson stuff is pretty cost effective to fix. I think where Dyson stuff falls down is where they try to do too much in one product – their uprights work great as uprights but the hoses and attachments, while been clever in how they integrate are almost un-usable in some cases

Champagne. I don’t get it

Thats largely because we never get our hands on the good stuff – the french keep hold of all that

joshvegas
    Free Member

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’d never buy Dyson products again. there are far more reliable equivalents out there for much less money.

this is well shit for the money it cost (but it’s probably the way it’s managed as the thing itself is quite good once it turns up)

oh and let’s not forget

ninfan
    Free Member

doesn’t get much more expensive or much more useless than this

He asked for expensive and rubbish – Even if you don’t like nuclear weapons, you have to accept that the science behind successfully firing a missile from underwater with a range of 4000 plus miles, that will drop 14 warheads that are virtually unstoppable due to traveling at up to 13000 mph, and accurate to within 10 metres, leaves us something that is expensive and freaking awesome

fin25
    Free Member

Sex… 😉

Harry_the_Spider

expensive and freaking awesome

The most awesome thing is that they were so good that nobody dared use them.

RustySpanner

Cocaine.
    High Rollers.

Manchester trams are awful, a genuine step backwards.
    They won’t take bikes, and are more expensive than the trains they replaced.

robdob
    Free Member

I’d also say Dysons. Don’t know anyone who thinks they are any better than a standard vacuum. Eye watering prices, not really made very well either. Easy to fix but they need to be. We switched to a £80 Hoover bag less which has been faultless and works just as well (lighter too!).

Klunk
    Free Member

and accurate to within 10 metres

over engineered rubbish, accuracy in a weapon where you can’t miss !

maccruiskeen

The most awesome thing is that they were so good that nobody dared use them.

but is that because they were awesome or because they’re expensive – have we been saved from global armageddon simply because the powers that be are too spend thrift to press the button? Like an expensive wine thats so expensive it never gets opened. Theres never been a occasion quite special enough to let off the biggest fireworks in the box.

ninfan
    Free Member

over engineered rubbish, accuracy in a weapon where you can’t miss !

If a jobs worth doing, its worth doing well 😀

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww2o52_g1WU[/video]

have we been saved from global armageddon simply because the powers at be are too spend thrift to press the button?

I like that – a bit like like Chris Rocks ‘we don’t need gun control, we need bullet control’ Theory 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

you may as well add telescopic sights to a flamethrower

bearnecessities

Don’t talk daft, they’d melt.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

edward2000
    Free Member

Orange 5

tomhoward

Fin25, you’re either doing it wrong or not paying enough 😉

ampthill

I defense of Dysons ours has provided 16 years of reliable service

Apprently when Dyson were really dominating sales he heard a rumor that people were telling porkies about his products to sell others

He went into John Lewis in Bristol and asked about vacuum cleaners. He was told that although Dysons were good the were made of poor materials compared to rival brands. He got out a hammer and attacked the rival machine smashing it to pieces. He the showed that he couldn’t break the Dyson. He explained that the plastic he used cost 3 x as much per tonne as the one used in the rival brand

Oh and one of my favourite Conspiracy theories is for the Fitst Gulf War. America had a massive stock of cruise missiles worth a million each. But they were due to be retired at the end of their design shelf life. By firing them at Iraq that got Saudi Arabia to buy them a full set of new ones thus avoiding the replacement costs

bikemike1968
    Free Member

Audi’s

(Awaits flaming from the resident stw fanbois…)

Stoner
    Free Member

Bose

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Custom built frames designed by paint by numbers punters 🙂

Spud

Mercedes-Benz, well specifically the urine-poor service/ support!

federalski
    Free Member

More and more people seem to have this, Think they just get it out for visitors…
    I mean, it’s alright. It’s just a bit of soap though innit.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Pretty sure that soap comes from Home Bargains. TK Max is the place for posh soap!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ex – wifes

I only have one i am not starting a collection

curiousyellow
    Free Member

willej

Dualit toasters.

Our Dyson DC03 has provided 12 years of faultless service.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Road bikes…….

badnewz
    Free Member

The players Tottenham Hotspurs bought with the Gareth Bale money.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

This turd…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Expensive things that are a bit rubbish’ is closed to new replies.