• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by aP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • (Expensive shoe content )Loakes, Barkers, Grensons or…(Expensive shoe content)
  • duckman

I want an Oxford toe boot similar to this…
    https://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/products/nps-6-eye-derby-straight-cap-boots-walnut-grain?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=31860462919&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr9HUhJrm1wIVRrgbCh3viQ-vEAQYASABEgImwPD_BwE

But without the change in leather grain. I have had a look at the main, well known shoemakers,but not much is really tickling my fancy; any other suggestions of good bootmakers?

andybrad

ive got some loakes. personally i wouldnt buy them again

churches are the only ones i really rated tbh

batfink
    Free Member

I agree with Andy above: found loake to be extremely poor. My churches were awesome – but couldn’t justify them at full price.

Currently wearing some herring boots would definitely buy again. Herring shoes are made by barker I believe

Edit: these ones Link

midlifecrashes

A load of cobblers.

Down the road from me, a real shop in Doncaster if you’re close enough.

duckman

I agree Loakes aren’t as good as they used to be, but haven’t seen many alternatives. But those Herring Teignmouth boots are exactly the sort of suggestion I was hoping to get!

bonjye
    Free Member

Viberg (service boots especially) are great but make what you’ve linked to look cheap 😯

aP
    Free Member

I have some Loake Brogue boots with a commando sole from about 5 years ago and they’ve been good, took quite along time to wear in, but are now comfy. I’ll need to get them re-soled at some point soon as the sole are starting to wear out, thanks for the link t that place – looks like they know what they;re doing.
    I (accidentally) bought a pair of Grenson Vincent Veldtshoen a couple of weeks ago – they’re starting to break in now – again with commando sole as I don’t like leather soles. Expensive, but I trust that they’ll last a long time, made in the UK too 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘(Expensive shoe content )Loakes, Barkers, Grensons or…(Expensive shoe content)’ is closed to new replies.