Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Expensive alps holiday
  • porter_jamie

Just had an epic week in les arc and sainte foy with my wife and some friends. We had a couple of days guiding from a chap i know who lives out there and we ate properly in small out of the way restaurants. 1.5″ steaks. We are sitting on the train waiting to go in the tunnel.
    So the expensive bit? We both decided we ‘need’ new bikes. I’m want an Aeris to replace my aging heckler. My wife has an old 26″ camber which she loves but I think it’s time for a bit more than 120mm travel and we should both jump to 650b to keep the spares pot manageable.

So, which bike for my wife? We saw a transition scout which looked loverly. Spitfire maybe? Anything in the 130/140 range which people like?

jambalaya
    Free Member

New Cotic Flame

I love my Transition Covert – Patrol/Scot are the current models – seems a very strong company making good bikes.
    As you know so much choice in that segment, Bird, Orange, Giant, Lapierre …

If you do sell up I could well be interested in the forks and wheels from your or your wife’s bike.

Safe trip home

porter_jamie

I shall bear that in mind thanks 150 rev teams and some 120 rebas and many hope pro2 wheels…
    Whyte t130 as well I guess. I wonder if bird are going to do a short travel bike?

mrhoppy

Whyte t-130 seems a very competent bike, although I’d probably go for a cotic flare at the moment.

porter_jamie

i think the cotic flare needs a test ride then!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Expensive alps holiday’ is closed to new replies.