Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Exped Synmat warranty?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m camping at Forth Fat. Last night my Exped Synmat started delaminating to the point where it felt like I was perched on a popping Frankfurter

I’ve used it on probably a hundred and fifty nights. I’m wondering how good their warranty is. A quick squint online suggests they have a five year warranty,

Any experiences with delaminating replacements?

noltae
    Free Member

2 years on the synthetics – call up Lyon Equipment Distribution if your within the 2 years – Get a Thermarest next time . .Expeds always delaminate in the end . I’ve had 4 down mats pop ..

csb

I’ve learnt this expensive lesson too, synmat delaminated after a few years of light by use and no help from the manufacturer.

vorlich
    Free Member

Just had my second night on my Synmat, so the responses here concern me a bit. Replaced a POE mat which deflated nightly from first use (won it, so no recourse). Hope my Exped defies the responses here as it is really comfortable and toast warm for a 15st side sleeper.

scotroutes

I had the POE thing too. Two were replaced without question and I’ve never chanced the third one so it’s sitting in a box.

Touch wood, but my Synmat is doing just fine.

vorlich
    Free Member

Yeah I think POE changed their name, presumably as their kit was so failure prone. No idea if they’re still going, but I think the importer dropped them sharpish.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Did you get anywhere with your warranty? We’ve just had a downmat delaminate, it’s about 3 years old

whitestone
    Free Member

One of the welds in my synmat delaminated, the mat was replaced under warranty, it was less than a year old.

The problem seems to be if you fully inflate the mat then the welds are under a lot of strain. The trick is to fully inflate then let a little air out. This lets air move around when you sit or kneel on the mat and put pressure in one place.

bodgy
    Free Member

Expeds always delaminate in the end

Having recently bought three Exped Megamat 10s, that is not great news.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Yahoo. My warrantied mat has just been delivered. Top service from the importers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Exped Synmat warranty?’ is closed to new replies.