Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • expansion vessel topping up in baxi 105e boiler, how much?
  • larry

How much can I expect to pay a boiler man for this to be done? Heateam want to charge a one off £259 or £289 for a years cover, British gas reckon on it being £168 as a one off repair. How much is a local boiler chap likely to charge, and if you are one and near chesterfield do you want a job? Cheers

matt_outandabout

I had one of these and IIRC its a bl**dy sealed unit – no top up, so you need a new expansion vessel – which is hidden down the back and so is a boiler off the wall job. Awful boiler – ours broke down a lot and lasted only 3 years…

Archiedale
    Free Member

Best option i think would be to fit a new remote vessel, get someone local and make sure he,s GSR.i would do it for you but 100 mile away.ATB

bear-uk
    Free Member

Might be talking crap here but my expansion tank is like a steel car inner tube with a car type valve on it. When my boiler played up I googled the problem and mine had a leaking valve. Quick nip up and out with bike pump to around 1 bar. Sorted mine out. Or are you meaning something totally different?

matt_outandabout

No he isn't Bear, but this one is sealed….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘expansion vessel topping up in baxi 105e boiler, how much?’ is closed to new replies.