Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • [Exodus] holidays
  • mikey74
    Free Member

This years holiday is sorted – Whistler :mrgreen: – but looking a bit further ahead as planning savings. Can someone recommend me a challenging, adventurous organised holiday for a bloke travelling on his own? I’ve been looking on the Exodus website and they have some interesting stuff, although I am open to other good, reliable operators.

HB47

looks at Red Spokes – some really interesting places and a well run organisation

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestion although I’m not looking at cycling holidays per se. I was thinking of more the trekking type.

HB47

in that case CATREKS – amazing company founded by Doug Scott

oldfart

Mike. Have a look at KE Adventure they have loads of stuff might suit .

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll check em out.

Philby

I’ve been on a few holidays with Explore who are very similar to Exodus. Done cycling holidays in both Cuba and Jordan, and also trekked the Inca Trail and spent a few days in the Amazon. All were fabulous experiences though none were particularly physically challenging for a reasonably fit individual. All were a great way of seeing and experiencing a country which you wouldn’t get on a coach or staying in a resort, and if you are limited to 2 or 3 weeks leave from work.

The Jordan trip involved cycling from the north of the country overlooking the Golan Heights and Sea of Galilee down to the Red Sea via Petra (more impressive than I had ever imagined), the Dead Sea and a night in desert amongst other things – the real challenge was dealing with overwhelming heat and lack of shade. Cycling is a great way to see and experience the uniqueness of Cuba as there is so little traffic on the roads, and the sooner you go before the Americans get involved the better – again the heat is the real challenge. The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, is an amazing experience with the key challenges being experiencing extremes of heat, cold, dry and wet on the same day and the possibility of altitude sickness (one of our party became quite ill).

Also did a tour of Thailand, Laos and Cambodia with Explore – which was great but didn’t involve much physical exertion.

JoeG
    Free Member

How about the Crimea? :mrgreen:

jonba
    Free Member

Used exodus a few times. Also look at the adventure travel company and explore as someone said up there.

While I go with my wife there are always a good number of single travellers, normally women for some reason. Various ages, we are normally at the younger end (late 20s early 30s) as the trips seem to be dominated by “got a good job but no kids yet” and “kids have left home”. Always been good fun as it is attitude as much as anything. Would love to be able to backpacking again but we have 2 weeks and not 2 months.

Been to loads of places over the years but Vietnam, Iceland were really good. Booked to go to Ethiopia in November.

If you have any interest in horses then inthesaddle are worth a look.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘[Exodus] holidays’ is closed to new replies.