Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Exmoor trail conditions
  • eviljoe
    Free Member

Hi all,

Was hoping to head up to ride on Exmoor tomorrow, round Lynton/Valley of the rocks etc. Any locals here able to tell me how squishy/ ridable the trails around there are?

Cheers!

jam-bo

its been raining pretty much non-stop for a week in devon.

so pretty shitty I’d imagine.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Yeah, East Devon where I am is gopping, was hoping for quicker drying trials up north …

snaps
    Free Member

Drying out nicely last week on a 3 hour ride from Selworthy but we’ve had a lot of rain this week (22mm in 2 hours on Tuesday night in Simonsbath) so it will be soggy.
    I’d head for the high rocky area around Dunkery for the least wet bits but I think the wind might be to strong according to the forcast – Quantocks maybe?

oldfart

Quantocks will be running with water down all the Combes , if you don’t want to spend forever cleaning bike , gear , you I’d head to Haldon personally , at least until this spell of unsettled weather clears off .

canopy
    Free Member

Quantocks combes themselves weren’t too bad last weekend.. the route into stert/somerton was a bit sticky. but wasn’t too bad once back under tree cover and willoughby cleeve & short combe were pretty mucky.

i’ll be doing it again this sunday 🙂

Raining here in Taunton right now.. can see damp looking quantocks over the head of the guy that sits in front of me..

eviljoe
    Free Member

Boo

If I ride Haldon again this winter I will go mad

pete68
    Free Member

Was fine up to last weekend but as has been said it’s rained nearly all the time this week. Just git back from a 2 hour dog walk from Porlock and it’s really wet now. Forecast to rain for a good few hours yet.

jobro
    Free Member

I live on the edge of Exmoor. Its shit up here.
    Haldon for me. Or maybe the Tarka trail 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor trail conditions’ is closed to new replies.