Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Exmoor riders.
  • sharki
    Free Member

Howdee.

I was down in Wooton Courney yesterday and was pleases to find a place for a hot drinks, cream tea’s, etc.

So, once you’ve got to Brockwell after a 3km descent off from Dunkery and if you’re heading back over to Dunster or Minehead over. You can now grab some noms and share about your near misses and just how you rode god like over the loose rock strewn trail.

The Dunkery beacon countryhouse is rather like the combe house hotel in Holford, so it’s rather luxury in looks and price.

The owners who’ve only been there for 4 months are keen cyclists and have future hopes to provide facilities for cyclists, to store, clean and maintain their bikes whilst staying there or stopping by for a food break.

The coffee shop idea is on trial to see if there’s enough trade to warrant running it, so if you’d like somewhere midride to stop, without heading back to Dunster, Porlock or Minehead then there is another option.
    Open Weds-Sunday 11am-4:30pm.
    And for evening meals 6:30pm-8pm(last tables) weds-Sat.

And if you’re off doing the Explorer this weekend, enjoy.

hugor
    Free Member

is this spam?

sharki
    Free Member

Only if you don’t want refreshments after coming off the big Beacon descent to Brockwell. I’ve had plenty of Exmoor rides with the only stop, albeit a very tasty one in Horner tea rooms.

It’s good to have options so just giving the heads up on a new place.
    If it offends or is against the Rules then hey ho, happy trails and wondering where to get re-fuelled when on an epic.

And while i’m here, there’s some awesome trails off Wooton Common back to Minehead.

hugor
    Free Member

And while i’m here, there’s some awesome trails off Wooton Common back to Minehead.

Agree I was there last Sunday – amazing trails.
    I did the Brendon Hills MBR route.

cheez0
    Free Member

is this spam?

looks more like tea and cake to me.

[waves]hi sharki, good to hear from you![/waves]

sharki
    Free Member

Hiya Cheez.

Tea and cake fo so.

acehtn
    Free Member

The village pub then ? 🙂 handy to know as the village shop keeps odd hours, always the selworthy tea room for summer season only as well if your on a cake tour of minehead/dunkery/porlock area.

snaps
    Free Member

We usually stop at the coffee shop in the crazy golf course on Minehead seafront – superb homemade cake 😆

sharki
    Free Member

Yeah, but it’s not a pub anymore.

Snaps,cake par way round, then Fish and chips by the sea at the end 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor riders.’ is closed to new replies.