Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Exmoor locals – what's the snow like?
  • Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Woken up to a dusting of snow in North Devon. Was planning on having a spin around Horner this morning.

Is there a lot of snow on the hills? Do I have any chance of negotiating Lynmouth/Porlock hill in my old van?

Cheers.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Still -3.5 over here at the foot of the Quantocks, I rode over to Wheddon Cross yesterday afternoon and there was about an inch of snow at the sides of the roads but the roads themselves where clear but very wet in places, could be quite slippery this morning.

dropoff

Was there yesterday. About 2" over the tops, some ice and snow on the roads but all passable

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Really chucking down here now, so gonna sit in, let my cold clear up and watch surfing videos all day. Chhers lads.

Christowkid
    Free Member

Probably sensible! Just got the fire lit here,just west of Exeter looking across at a very white Haldon. Traffic reports saying that's very difficult driving over Haldon at present.
    Took daughters to school in Kingsteigton for drama rehursal, back along the valley road, which at -3C was ok-ish if careful, then started snowing really hard! Gurt big flakes, instantly covering as road cold. Sun's thawed it a little, but it looks like more to come.
    Hope my wife can get home, later tonight…..
    Q

carlphillips
    Free Member

chucking down with snow at gawton/chipshop this morning, ace!!

Christowkid
    Free Member

After initial heavy shower this morning, nothing, though it looks like Newton Abbot's caught some cos it keeps going grey that way.
    Friend reported that A30/top of moor really odd – patches of green normal fields and moor, then 2" around the corner and white. Really patchy!
    Q

julianwilson
    Free Member

phillips – Member

chucking down with snow at gawton/chipshop this morning, ace!!

…you said the snow was all romantic this morning, and now its just "ace"?!? I feel so cheap!

carlphillips
    Free Member

i didnt want to share our special moment with the masses…

Christowkid
    Free Member

don't worry, am looking the other way……. 😳
    Q

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor locals – what's the snow like?’ is closed to new replies.