Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Exmoor locals – can you approve this route please :-)
  • wilko1999
    Free Member

I’m off on holiday for a week in June with the family. I’m planning on chipping off for a ride around Exmoor on one of the days. I found this route somewhere online:

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7887243

Is this a good route with some good singletrack? How does it hold up in the wet? Any other advice? I’m staying over in Woolacombe, there may be local stuff but I’m seeing this a good opportunity to sample Exmoor riding as I’ve only heard good things

Thanks in advance!

wilko1999
    Free Member

Any afternoon Exmoor folk on here?

wilko1999
    Free Member

One more go – any evening Exmoor folk around? Thanks 🙂

sammaratti
    Free Member

Horner woods has some excellent singletrack.

Just remember to pack your climbing legs, theres some very cruel climbing to be done.

snaps
    Free Member

Rather to much tarmac in that one for my liking – that climb on the A39 is a bit iffy IMO, the single track in Worthy woods has gone – bulldozed into a dull wide fireroad, the climb between 8&9 gets muddy after rain & then you get a mile of climbing into the wind if its in the usual direction.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Not looking that great then! Don’t suppose anyone can point me in the direction of a good route/gpx taking in the best stuff please? I can return the favour if ever anyone’s heading to FoD with some excellent off-piste routes 🙂

snaps
    Free Member

Drop me an email – in profile

ceepers

check your email mate!

jonostevens
    Free Member

Not a local, but ridden there a few times as had family nearby until recently.

Drop me an email to stevensjono @ hotmail dot com – holidaying in the FoD in July so be well happy to swap some route tips. 🙂

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

Yeah, jonostevens has my favorite route details starting in Horner woods. Lovely area to ride. If you don’t get any detail give me a shout on t’email.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor locals – can you approve this route please :-)’ is closed to new replies.