Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Exmoor has a lot of…..
  • ajantom

…..bloody gates!

Think I’ve been spoilt with the riding around me, as there doesn’t seem to be an over-abundance of them.
    It was admittedly a lovely ride, blue skies, dusty trails, and beautiful scenery. But in 22ish miles around central Exmoor I must have opened and closed at least 25 gates, a lot of them positioned halfway down hills for maximum stop-start fun.

eviljoe
    Free Member

You need to ride with well trained mates who are faster than you . Exmoor is excellent, gates or no gates

jam-bo

You need to pick your descents. Dunkery beacon to Brockwell is a 4km, flat out rockfest dropping over 350m with not a gate in sight.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dropoff

As Jambo says you need to pick your routes, its possible to do 3 rides over a weekend and barely see a gate, so long as you stay off the footpaths 🙂

ajantom

Cheers 😀 I’m planning on a ride around Dunkery Beacon next time we’re up there.
    I don’t really know the area for riding that well – so was following the MBUK Winsford/Tarr Steps route. Nice enough ride, but as I said, far too many gates for my liking!

We have friends in Withypool, so that’ll be my normal starting point (I can drop off the wife and sprog, and then go from there)

singletracksurfer

Yep amazing riding but one to ride with friends 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor has a lot of…..’ is closed to new replies.