Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Exmoor Explorer – trail conditions?
  • kaysee

Any locals who can give me an idea of the trail conditions at the moment? I was hoping for dry-and-fast, but I think I may stick the Cinders on for the weekend.

I've looked at the map, but don't know this years route location well enough to know if it's nicely draining, or a mud-bath.

Will I die if I just ride around in my Crossmarks?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Good question, anyone?

My choice is light bike that rolls with smallblock 8 or more portly full suss that drags with nevegals.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Raining here now – I'm about 20 miles away & crossmarks might be a bit sketchy, its not really really muddy but with the forecast rain I can't see it drying, possibly getting slightly worse if anything, I'd prefer more front grip even if it is a bit draggy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    foxyrider
    Free Member

I got a nevegal upfront and considering swapping my rear larsen TT for an advantage 🙂

I'm in east devon and the trails are OK – little slippy but hard underneath – I expect some claggy top mud in areas and some slippy rock 🙂

kaysee

I think I'll go with the Cinders then. Slippy rock kinda rules out the 1.5" Conti XCs.

Dibbs
    Free Member

It doesn't look like the current rain is going to do too much, I don't expect the trails to be too wet, weather forecast looks good for Sunday.
    I can't be bothered to change tyres, I'm sure the Dart front and Larsen rear will be fine.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Last year the long loop had mega sketchy slate on it – doesn't look like its included this year as that was SW of porlock so perhaps it will be fine 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor Explorer – trail conditions?’ is closed to new replies.