Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Exmoor…
  • ndthornton
    Free Member

..Where to ride??

Going on a Stag Do this weekend in Exmoor – never visited before but heard lots of good riding to be had – and big fan of the Quantocks. So the Bike will be going in the boot and when the hangover has subsided on Sunday Il be going out for a spin.

I have dug out 2 longish MBR routes but my experiance of MBR routes is that they are almost always rubbish, with too much road, and (obviously) only “legal” and therefor generally dull trails.

Am I in for more of the same with these 2 trails?
    One is called “Brendon Hills, Exmoor”
    and the other is called “The Exe Factor”

allthepies
    Free Member

Exmoor riding’s not very hangover compatible so should be interesting 😉

Where are you staying ?

nickhead
    Free Member

What allthepies said re: hangover compatibility… Steep and hilly would cover it.

I rode most of the Exe factor route last summer from Porlock but had to cut it short – underestimating the steepness of some of the hills vs. my fitness meant I cut out the loop towards Wooton Courtenay and the descent down Hawkcombe from Porlock Hill (one of the best ‘natural’ bridleway descents I’ve done). Bridleways like Grannys ride near Horner and coming down from Dunkery Beacon are very much on the technical side of what you might expect and definitely not dull.

Looking forward to the Mondraker Gravity Rally there in July

ndthornton
    Free Member

Here underthemilkyway
    Apparantly its called Glamping!

So we have something called airsoft and then Coasteering to look forward to first.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Steep and technical sounds perfect.
    If im sick then Il just have to turn back.
    Im normally pretty good with hangovers though – touch wood

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Wow, that place is about a mile as the crow flies from my house! and I’ve never heard about it before….

If you want the low-down on the best cheeky trails around Combe Martin, send me an email. chrisbaddick AT gmail DOT com

ndthornton
    Free Member

Kitz_Chris

YHM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor…’ is closed to new replies.