Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Exhaust repair
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Prius has a pinhole in the exhaust, apparently, at the bend where it starts going under the car. Seems likely to be caused by the misfiring filling the exhaust with petrol fumes I suppose, since they are meant to be very durable.

It’s so small I can’t really hear it, but not is due so I thought I’d maybe try a repair, maybe some of the bandage you can get. Reasonable for a bodge for a pinhole? Can they last a while?

parkesie
    Free Member

Id just get a quick weld done. Bandage will work though

matt_outandabout

I bandaged the Galaxy for nearly a year – it was fine.

molgrips
    Free Member

The recommended product if it’s near a bend seems to be Gun Gum flexiwrap, which looks like a strip of thin metal. Anyone used it? Can’t imagine how it would work..?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Exhaust putty and an aluminium can jubilee clipped in place. Basically the same as the Gun Gum flexiwrap. Used this after the old Mondeo’s exhaust split near the backbox. Forgot all about it until the MOT tester commented on Coca Cola making exhaust repair kits. The bodge was on for nearly a year before I replaced the exhaust.

matt_outandabout

GunGum splatttered in and soaked wet wrap bandage (hole right on a kink/join)
    Belt n braces.

molgrips
    Free Member

Bought the Gun Gum flexiwrap kit for £6. Given it’s such a small section this should armour it well enough to last a good while.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Exhaust repair’ is closed to new replies.