Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Exeter / Devon folk – "CHARITY" SCAM WARNING
  • el_creedo
    Free Member

Sorry to be an alarmist or purveyor of a rant – but this really got my back up when it came through my door.

There's a bunch of Vans with the Breast Cancer Pink Ribbon and "Do not delay" written on the side of them dropping off bags for old clothes etc. around the area at the mo.

THIS IS NOT BONAFIDE AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY ASSOCIATED WITH UK CHARITIES – IT IS A LITHUANIAN BUSINESS!!

I don't think want they're doing is illegal but it's morals are questionable.
    If you want to help a charity out – don't give this lot anything.

If you want more info google "intersecond" or donotdelay and see all the reports from areas across the country condemning them.

Feel free also to report them to Trading Standards at Devon County Council if you get anything through the door.

neilforrow

got some bags put through the letter box yesterday…

thanks for the heads up…

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeh heard about tehse 'companies'. They essentually are a private firm that profit from selling clothes to thir parties including charities but obviously only donate a small amount of their profits to a charity – this one pertaining to be in Lituania – Thus they are not a charity – better give your clothes to a clothing bank or a registered charity (will have an authentic charity number on the bag/info)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Exeter / Devon folk – "CHARITY" SCAM WARNING’ is closed to new replies.