Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Exercises for pregnant ladies
  • Jamie
    Free Member

…his Mrs could just be reading all of your ‘thoughful’ responses…

I am in no doubt you are both in the same room and tutting in unison.

GW
    Free Member

left the laptop on in the kitchen again.. tsk tsk.. 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

damn, well congrats to you and mol anyway 😀 are you due whilst in germany, or do you think you’ll be back in the UK for the birth?

either way i hope mol gives us a running update on the birth like many other STW’ers seem to, that way all the guys can give advice like “dont look down the business end, its like watching someone poor paint-stripper over your favourite bike” and such.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

I am amazed you Neanderthals have learned to read and write let alone use key boards..

-Phil- back in the Uk 3 weeks before birth

Jamie
    Free Member

I am amazed you Neanderthals have learned to read and write let alone use key boards..

Molgrips. Control your woman.

*runs*

molgrips
    Free Member

I was not squeamish last time – it was all very interesting. I seemed to take refuge in my inner scientist to control the emotions.

Last time there were updates on labour on facebook, which got her whole family to sign up 🙂

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Don’t go too far Jamie, you won’t hear your mommy call you in for food.

Hazel
    Free Member

I’m due to have my first baby in just over 2 weeks, I’ve been doing a bit of pillates and yoga throughout to replace some of my riding (just not so much fun when I’m terrified of falling off and then later on when I have no useful diaphragm and limited lung capacity). I’d never done either before so joined a class and from what I can gather there are quite significant modifications to what you can do when pregnant (like changes to stretches so you don’t damage yourself as your ligaments are loosening) so I would recommend either joining a pregnancy class or finding a pregnancy specific dvd/website. Lots of people from my yoga class who have now had their babies said what they learnt in class was really useful in early stages of labour too and some of the stretching is coming in useful for loosening the aches I’m beginning to get from carrying all the extra weight around.

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t go too far Jamie, you won’t hear your mommy call you in for food.

Touché.

philconsequence
    Free Member

I’m planning on being down the business end with my helmet cam set to 60fps@720p so i can run it in slow motion 8)

molgrips
    Free Member

Slow motion? How quick do you think it happens?

BigJohn

I really hope Volvic bottles don’t have those sharp-edged beer bottle tops 😕

philconsequence
    Free Member

couple of minutes start to finish? can’t take that long for a baby to pop out surely!

mrsgrips
    Free Member

that’s abt right phil, and no matter what people say babies DO sleep through the night from day one

philconsequence
    Free Member

this baby malarky will be easy, set up a water bottle like in a hamster cage and get on with your life til they’re old enough to contribute towards the bills and earn the right to join the adults for food. 😀

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Make sure you set up the brightly colored toys dangling overhead to keep them busy..

molgrips
    Free Member

Hi honey.

mrsflash
    Free Member

I did a fair bit of research on this when I was pregnant and I found that there was not really anything conclusive about recommendations. A lot of places said keep your hr down below 140, but then I read other things saying that didn’t matter and was old advice. I just decided to carry on doing what I felt comfortable with. I carried on riding my bike till about 26 weeks, then just concentrated on the gym and did swimming later on, and brisk walking. I tried to take it reasonably easy – not get too out of breath and drink plenty. If you are looking for something to do in the house, then I have heard a lot of people say Davina McCalls pre and post DVDs are v good.

TheBrick
    Free Member

They would have to be really good to put up with watching Davina McCall. Surely being pregnant is tough enough without having to endure Davina McCall?

bella
    Free Member

I’m using my husbands log in but here goes.

I mountain biked up until the day before I went into labour. We live near the lake district and continued to mtb on our favourite trails there then when I got massive we went to more trail centres as I could go round the red-black runs once then have a sit in the cafe while my husband went round for another loop.

We had to move the saddle forward, raise the stem and put some more air in the rear shock nearer the end. The shock has been tf tuned since. We managed to bottom out my husbands shock when he gave me a backie around my village.

I really love mtb and continuing kept me healthy and fit for labour. I had a very easy home birth.

I also kept walking and swimming.

Since my daughter has come the biking has tailed off (sadly) but the walking continues and the weight has come off a lot easier as I kept my fitness up in pregnancy. We have a tout terraine single trailer now so we can get the little one out with the bikes.

Mtb is part of who me and my husband are and something we hope are daughter will enjoy when she is older. It felt very natural to continue throughout pregnancy.

I mostly stopped doing drop offs when I was 6 months (the odd small one didn’t hurt) and would push down anything I thought I could possibly fall on. I did get lots of funny looks from people when I was out, nobody was rude to me (which I was worried about) and lots of men were very shocked when a heavily pregnant lady passed them on the downhill/uphill sections of trails.

It was the red at Llandegla that I rode the day before I went into labour. I know its an easy trail but it was no problem at 38+2 weeks pregnant.

Good luck and keep it up.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lovely..

Mrs Grips couldn’t have done Llandegla Red even before getting pregnant the first time and all the health issues…

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Exercises for pregnant ladies’ is closed to new replies.