Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Exercise is bad for you.
  • rusty-bike
    Free Member

Just as I was dusting down my bike after the winter hibernation, my wife brings home a leaflet (from the gym) on how to prevent ageing. In it, as well as giving up smoking and not drinking too much, it mentions over exercising as a cause of ageing. Now I'm struggling not to use this as an ideal excuse to put the bike away again, and grab the TV remote.

Seriously though, what is "over exercising"?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Blisters on your palm.

bullheart
    Free Member

Its killing me

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    surfer
    Free Member

In bygone days our top athletes were unaware of this concept. Hence they trained like trojans and dominated the world in diastance running.
    This period passed sadly and now we have discovered "overtraining" and magazines and the internet is now full of articles telling runners to rest and not run when a little tired and when you do run make sure you have a litle bottle of water and your Ipod etc.
    Hence as Brits we can barely get invites to athletics meetings abroad so low is our standard, meetings that we used to dominate.
    Fortunately as a species this concept hasnt reached some continents and particularly Africa which is still pushing back the boundaries of human performance.

All IMO of course

ooOOoo
    Free Member

"where good sport begins, good health ends"

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Fortunately as a species this concept hasnt reached some continents and particularly Africa

how exactly does running/riding round in circles benefit the species ?

IanMunro
    Free Member

The same way that fatuous posts on forums do.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The same way that fatuous posts on forums do.

phew, we're saved :o)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Exercise is bad for you.’ is closed to new replies.